Our client, one of the largest banks in the world, over the years, has come up with many revolutionary ideas that changed the way people think about their finances.
As a Senior MS SQL Developer, you will be a member of our client’s Risk, Finance, and Treasury Technology (RFT) team which comprises appr. 3,500 colleagues operating across the UK, US, India, and the Czech Republic. RFT supports over 450 applications and a user base of 7,000+ staff across all Business Units, legal entities, and major geographic hubs. You will contribute to enabling them to effectively manage capital and liquidity, assess internal and external risk metrics, meet regulatory reporting requirements, and provide a strong second line of defense.
What will you be doing?
- Analyze new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and contribute to the overall system design
- Take responsibility and ownership of new feature development
- Document designs and communicate them to the team(s)
- Work on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation, and deployment of all software, related to the core data applications
- Focus on good code quality and high-test coverage and actively participate in code reviews
- Design and implement applications and data flow, for accuracy, timeliness, quality, and control.
- Contribute to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams, to develop new or enhance existing systems
What we’re looking for?
- Strong MS SQL and T-SQL skills
- Exceptional ability in SQL Development including designing, optimizing and maintaining a transactional system
- Database performance tuning, database queries optimization, writing efficient functions and stored procedures
- Data modeling knowledge
- Experience with agile tools like JIRA, GIT, TeamCity, and Agile Central.
- Experience with DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration, release management, and other software development practices
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Exposure migrating of database technologies to the cloud (AWS, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Financial industry exposure
Where will you be working?
The job requires frequent travelling to Prague (appr. 2 days/week). Please consider this before applying to the job post!
Please send us your resume ONLY if you are resided either in the Czech Republic or in Hungary!