Southend / London.
Who you’ll be working with
The HMRC CTO (Technology) team are looking for additional architects with the traditional architecture skill set, the role will require attendance at discovery sessions, production of an initial Solution Design Documents and a level of ongoing architecture support and governance through attendance at scrum ceremonies and stand ups.
The work is likely to be predominately Southend/London based due to the location of scrum teams and business stake holders.
The focus of your role
The role will require attendance at discovery sessions, production of an initial Solution Design Documents and a level of ongoing architecture support and governance through attendance at scrum ceremonies and stand ups.
What you’ll do
• Input and development of solution design documents for IS / IT Architecture & Strategy for a government client
• Oversight of architectural direction on behalf of client
• Ownership of client visions, deliverables and accountabilities to ensure adherence and development to Client Architecture Governance processes, best policies, practices and consistency with clients Architecture vision
• Working with agile development teams and delivery architects
• Face off to senior stakeholders and CTO project managers
• Becoming the relevant stakeholders trusted advisors through boldness and honesty
• Responsible for ensuring understanding and technical scope of work at the outset for clients, front desk and test managers
• Relationship Management of the technical relationships with vendors, third parties and the wider Capgemini
What you’ll bring
• Able to set direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
• Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/trouble shooting activities
• Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
• Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients longer term strategy
• Team working – able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
• Good leadership and stakeholder relationship skills
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and able to adapt to changing schedules and priorities
• Ability to deliver under pressure
• Self-motivated and determined to succeed
• Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area and can apply it effectively and is able to apply logic across the board
• Adds personal value: Drives the business to deliver results. Looks to exceed client expectations
• Clear thinking and creative flair
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.