With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Location: New York, NY
Job type: Full Time
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze user requirements and envision system features and functionality.
• Collaborate with global team of developers and business users.
• Design and implement robust automated solutions.
• Preform proof of concepts in the new areas of development.
• Investigate production issues.
• Support continuous improvement of the automated systems.
• Learn and grow together with the team.
• Solid programming expertise in Java (5-10 years).
• Strong grasp of distributed architecture including web services and messaging.
• Deep understanding (5+ years) of RDBMS databases, JDBC, and database access technologies (Sybase, DB2 preferred but not required).
• Strong problem solving and system design.
• Desire to learn both personally and professionally.
• Willingness to innovate and improve.
• Linux environment and scripting.
• Solid understanding of multi-tiered distributed application design.
• Practical knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Jetty/Tomcat.
• Prior working experience in financial industry.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills.