Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Midtown, NY
Job Type: Full time
Are you interested in working in a high-tech global consulting firm focused on digital transformations and tech solution implementations? We are looking for a goal oriented compassionate person who can work in a fast-paced environment. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to hire a motivated person who is excited to take the next steps with Capgemini.
Capgemini is seeking a highly motivated Java Developer. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills, domain and technical acumen, and is experienced in delivering quality technical solutions. Ideal candidates will balance their Java development experience with strong collaborative culture, interpersonal/communication skills, innovative thinking, and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- We are looking for professional with B S or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Experience in one or more of JVM languages Java Scala Kotlin Clojure.
- Practical knowledge of Spring framework.
- Familiar with one or more of the following distributed systems, transactional services, NoSQL databases distributed messaging.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Practiced lean methodologies like Scrum Kanban or XP.
- Ability to proactively establish trust with stakeholders up to executive level VP.
- Exposure to tech leadership architecture responsibilities.
- Experience with using Kafka as messaging middleware.
- Familiarity with high scale NoSQL solutions like MongoDB.
- Expertise in delivering SOA or microservices architecture.
- Understanding of principles of Continuous Delivery Devops and System Reliability Engineering Cloud infrastructure expertise preferably AWS.
- Experience in designing distributed systems Practical Test Driven Development.
- High scale performance optimizations Fintech experience will be a great asset
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.