Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working – the Collaborative Business Experience – and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 44 countries, Capgemini reported 2012 global revenues of EUR 10.3 billion and employs over 125,000 people worldwide.
At Capgemini Financial Services, we are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. Our network of 21,000 professionals serving financial services collaborates with leading banks, insurers and capital market companies to deliver business and IT solutions and thought leadership to our clients worldwide.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Main purpose of the role:
To work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients, as a member of the Software engineering team typically within or associated with a consulting or delivery engagement.
A typical role would be to create solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
• To analyse user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
• To develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; ; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
• To integrate applications by designing database and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
• To create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
• To complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• To develop comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
• To update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
• Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
• Candidates with good understanding of Application, Information, and Integration Implementation, ideally for financial services clients.
• More centered around Object Oriented Design / Patterns. iOS / Andriod Windows Mobile is a plus Mobile Web or Cross Platform Devleopment is a plus PhoneGap, Cordoba or Xamarin , Titanium, IBM work light experience is a plus Web Services w/ REST (XML & JSON)
• Extensive recent experience in the following areas:
o Core Java (Version 7 preferred, version 5 essential)
o Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, JQuery, Dojo, AJAX, Web Services REST/SOAP)
o Web Frameworks (Struts 2, Apache Tiles, Spring, Hibernate)
o Spring Modules (IoC, AOP, Transactions, MVC, Webflow, Security, Web Services, Integration)
o Java EE/J2EE Technologies (JSF, JSP, Servlet, JMS, EJB, JPA, JTA)
o RDBMS (PL/SQL, Oracle DB, mySQL)
o Design Patterns (J2EE, GOF)
o Design Approaches and principles (DDD, SOLID, GRASP)
o Application Server (Weblogic, Websphere, Glassfish, JBoss, Apache)
o Mobile applications and frameworks (e.g. Kony)
o Others (XML, UML)
• A demonstrable Java EE/J2EE background is essential as a significant proportion of the projects will be focused around the delivery of enterprise solutions
• Agile development practices are essential (CI, TDD, BDD, etc)
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design and UML skills are essential
• Ability to develop sensible, simple solutions to complex problems
• Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and when to apply them
• Commercial awareness, including ability to recognise commercial and technical risk
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to deliver innovative, but realistic solutions to complex client problems
• Proficient at communicating complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences
• Qualified to degree level or having extensive experience