We are looking for experienced Senior Service Designers to join our team in Stockholm!
Idean is a global experience design agency with Scandinavian roots, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products and services from scratch as well as elevating already existing experiences.
Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of curious and caring thinkers, makers and doers. The team consists of people with a background in service design, UX, visual design, and frontend development as well as VR/AR. We know that unicorns don’t exist, but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks but have particular strengths in and passion for one or two areas.
Idean is a place where you’ll have loads of colleagues passionate about doing some of the best work of their lives. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time. Idean is part of Capgemini, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams, delivered both from our studio and in project teams at our clients. Read more about us at Idean at www.idean.com
As a Service Designer at Idean you are responsible for the creation of revolutionary services. This involves designing practical, functional and desirable digital services in line with a client’s business objectives and technology roadmaps. We expect you to be truly professional at gathering and utilizing business and customer insights, and to have the ability to reframe service challenges, articulate opportunities, define strategies, create concepts and lead the development of innovative new services from initial brief to delivery.
To succeed and thrive in this role we believe you have these experiences, abilities and skills:
- At least 4+ years of proven experience as a service designer for digital and physical services and experiences
- Experience in working on a broad range of research and innovation-oriented projects, turning empathic insights into design opportunities
- You are experienced in facilitating the design process and ideation process. You excel at bringing people together, facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions. You choose the tools and methods best suited for each specific situation.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, which builds trust for your insights, ideas and identified opportunities You have an ability to inspire and influence our clients to create the best value for their users and pursue solutions that make a difference for both users and the business.
- You are experienced in and passionate about designing in the intersection of desirability, viability and feasibility. You aspire to create great experiences in line with user goals and needs as well as client strategy and ambitions.
- You are genuinely curious. You fearlessly pursue problems and questions to see what you find and initiate new/challenging conversations with your team and client stakeholders, whilst maintaining a humble and empathic approach.
- ‘Why’ and ‘What if’ are some of your favorite words!
- You have a hunger to learn and are genuinely interested in learning new tools and ways of working to facilitate even better collaboration and outcomes
- You are a team player and enjoy working in cross-functional, sometimes agile teams, with team members and stakeholders representing a range of functional areas (e.g. product owner, developers, brand experts and strategy consultants)
- You naturally mentor and elevate other people in service design and design thinking, both other creatives and colleagues and client stakeholders who are new to design
- You have broad experience and training in relevant field(s). This might mean a design oriented base, such as a degree in UX/UI, product design or industrial design coupled with a Masters, or other training in Service design and Design thinking. You might also have a background in industrial economics or economics coupled with behavioral science and service design.
- You are fluent in English and Swedish (We have global clients where English is the norm and clients in the Public sector where Swedish is a must)
To stand out:
- You are confident in leading junior designers and client stakeholders in design projects and can actively prioritize both your own and the team’s work to steer towards quality. You like to actively take part in planning and prioritization to make sure the project is focusing on the right aspects from both a user and business perspective.
- You are experienced in facilitating Design sprints and Value proposition design
- You are experienced within UX/UI, which allows you to more easily communicate and hand over concepts and ideas for further refinement
- You have experience and an interest in participating in business development as well as internal/external learning and sharing activities
- You may not have all the experience listed and you may also have other skills and qualifications. Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. We hope in listing what we’re looking for we give you a good understanding of what the role might be, rather than deterring you. We are very curious to meet you and open for you to prove us wrong!
How we work
- We work together with our clients. They bring a deep understanding of their brand, users, culture and ways of working. We bring the wider lens of the big perspective and the deep know-how established from working with other clients and on other problems in all industries both locally and globally. We rarely go away to work for ourselves without our client being heavily involved. We just don’t believe that way of working creates enough value for them, us or the users.
- We don’t separate between strategy and execution. We see that they are both essential in creating great experiences and value to customers, users, employees and the business. We work on everything from framing the strategic problems and vision to designing, building and shipping products. We deliver projects from our studios as well as from client locations and infuse established client product teams with small teams or individual design expertise.
- A totally awesome, multidisciplinary and talented team to grow with
- A competitive salary and pension plan, including a comprehensive health and wellness program and recreational benefits
- Exciting assignments in a large variety of industries, small and big organizations
- A creative environment in central Stockholm
- Regular team knowledge sharing sessions and social happenings – team breakfasts, AWs and fika
- The comfort and safety of a big and established organization
- An inspiring international network of experts in design and a range of other fields within Idean and Capgemini as well as global experiences to build from (including Frog, Altran, Invent, Fahrenheit 212, Purpose etc.)
- …and multiple other benefits
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.