An overview of the role
Engineers form part of the Security Engineering Team (SET), an expanding team who deliver specific IT Security Services to a client in the Aerospace industry. The team has a footprint in two main sites in Derby, to affectively provide services to the client. The team members are not fixed to one location, which lends itself to interesting and diverse work within differing environments.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of client IT infrastructures.
- You will keep the lights green on all Security Toolkit Infrastructure within our remit.
- You will support various toolsets including SIEM, IDPS, GVM and Malware Protection.
- You will record and respond to health alerts from the Security Infrastructure we maintain.
- You will tune and enable polices, features and enhancements as required in response to Security Incidents and general enhancements requested by the client.
- You will be engaged to troubleshoot potential impact of security tooling on business applications as required.
- You will be assigned to specific project activity to deliver new features or Security Tools.
You will respond to and follow core IT Service Management Principles
Why this role?
The role is focused in three main areas for Security Engineering and Operational activity:
- Projects – Delivering new tools and or upgradingrefreshing existing applications.
- Run Activity – Monitoring and acting as required on the health of various Security tools.
- Incident Response – responding with appropriate actions as required if the SOC alerts of an incident.
- Experience of Engineering and operating Security Toolsets in large and complex environments.
- You will have a strong understanding of security threats and compromise methods.
- Understanding of server, client and network technologies.
- Experience working in an IT outsource environment.
- You will provide excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Client engagement skills, time management, expectation management etc
- Show aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Exhibit a methodical approach to troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to keep calm and perform under pressurised situations.
- Experience of balancing security risk versus specific businessclient requirements.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance
their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.