Senior SAP Presales Lead
Any Capgemini UK base location – Should be flexible for travel
An overview of the role:
The UK SAP CoE is part of the global network of SAP presales specialists that are driving the rapid expansion of our SAP business, especially around new technology areas such as S/4HANA, Cloud and SAP’s various Line of Business applications.
We spend every day focused on developing opportunities directly with clients, or indirectly through our industry focused Market Unit Account Directors, partners such as SAP, and of course our extensive SAP and other technology/consulting/outsourcing/industry practitioners. Opportunity development is across the range of SAP solutions, on both a proactive and reactive basis.
As a Senior SAP Presales Lead, you will bring your commercial acumen, SAP solution knowledge and opportunity analysis skills to help shape winning propositions that deliver positive business outcomes for our clients. You will be working with new and existing clients across various industries, helping them to solve complex challenges leveraging SAP technology and Capgemini’s extensive and wide-ranging skillsets.
Digital Core with S/4HANA is one of only seven Capgemini Group go to market portfolio offerings – and the only one linked to a specific software. Given the significant contribution that SAP related opportunities generate for Capgemini globally, the SAP CoEs network has a highly visible profile, both internally and externally, and is viewed as a crucial element in driving the growth and success of Capgemini. As a Senior SAP Presales Lead in the UK SAP CoE, you will be at the heart of our continued expansion of SAP business.
As a Senior SAP Presales Lead, you will have extensive presales, bidding and pitching experience with a demonstrable track record of shaping winning RFx proposals working alongside software, process, advisory and industry specialists.
You will benefit from a background in either SAP technology, SAP functional or SAP project management, leveraging your experience to help to ensure proposals/approaches crafted address typical and client-specific challenges with SAP implementations.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Reactive sales support – directing and providing inputs to the shaping, structure and focus of RFx responses, analysing the client ask and working alongside SAP functional/technical/process specialists, bid managers, account directors, and partner organisations to ensure we create winning propositions. You will be able to assess and synthesise complex RFx requests, rapidly creating a point of view around qualification and required win themes. You will also support client presentations and pitches.
• Proactive sales support – supporting the SAP CoE lead/stream leads, ERP advisory leads and other communities in the definition, development and go to market of focused propositions.
• Opportunity pipeline management – helping to manage, monitor, assess and communicate our opportunity pipeline, undertaking detailed analytical analysis of the pipeline for various management reviews/purposes.
• Solution architecting – where appropriate, act as a solution architect leading a team of subject matter experts to shape a compelling client offer.
• Sales collateral development – contributing to improving the extensive pool of sales collateral and materials.
• SAP CoE brand and relationship development – contributing to improving the positive perception and knowledge of Capgemini’s SAP capabilities and offerings both internally and externally. Leveraging and building upon existing relationships within industry, clients, SAP, Hyperscalers and other partners.
Why this role?
As a Senior SAP Presales Lead in the UK SAP CoE, you will help to drive the growth of our SAP business leveraging the skills, experience, and talent of our broader capabilities. At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive, and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking solutions and propositions are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients and partners, we help to develop winning propositions that drive our clients’ businesses forwards.
You provide your expertise, experience, analytical skills and commercial acumen to bring value to the UK SAP CoE which is a critical part of our SAP Practice. As a Practice we truly believe that high performing teams can achieve more than a high performing individual, and as a senior team member you will champion this and your enthusiasm and passion will bring out the best in others, too.
• Evidence of a presales and bidding mindset and experience, with the demonstrable ability to shape and structure RFx responses.
• Engaging and enthusiastic communicator with strong interpersonal, presentation and storytelling skills.
• Strong numeric and analytical skills and demonstrable commercial acumen with detailed knowledge/experience of the sales cycle.
• Resilience, used to working in high-pressure, deadline driven environments.
• Quality orientated – be prepared to produce/manage the production of quality responses that resonate with clients in terms of relevance, narrative and detail.
• Ability to drive creative collaboration from across a wide range of team members and skills.
• Experience in presenting to senior client stakeholders up to and including CxO-level.
Additionally, be able to demonstrate either experience or willingness to learn:
• Strong connections with the broader SAP ecosystem e.g. SAP, Hypescalers and other relevant partner organisations.
• Trends in a particular industry and how SAP might best meet these. Sectors of note include including consumer products, energy and utilities, life sciences/chemicals, discrete manufacturing.
• Wide business and technology interest, with the ability to draw on relevant previous experience.
About our UK SAP Centre of Excellence
The UK SAP CoE is part of the global network of SAP CoEs, which are charged with driving the continued expansion of our SAP business. The SAP CoE comprises of a growing set of dedicated individuals that are presales specialists in their SAP field, working entrepreneurially to drive new business on both a proactive and reactive basis. As an integral part of our UK SAP Practice, we work closely with our SAP capability and ERP Advisory Services teams
to help our clients extract the greatest value form their SAP investments.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.