Who you will be working with
Capgemini Commerce is a global commerce service provider. From creative to technology to marketing, we offer a comprehensive set of services to help retailers and brands craft successful digital commerce strategies, put them into practice, and continually optimise them for long-term success. Our digital marketing team applies proven best practices to craft and execute tailored programs that increase traffic, improve conversion, and drive industry-leading revenue growth. You will be a key part of the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team within Capgemini UK, providing an environment to work with a broadened set of exciting clients.
Focus of your role
* As a Technical Consultant, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical solutions in the implementation of Salesforce Commerce Cloud centric eCommerce projects. You follow best practice in regard to development to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with development policies and standards.
* You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform.
* As part of a project team, the Technical Consultant will work with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into technical solutions. You will participate in the project scrum meetings.
* You are to be the Salesforce Commerce Cloud subject matter with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer certification, and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle.
* You will be expected to fully understand code and can troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
* As a Technical Consutlant, you may also be asked to participate in the sales process, communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential solutions, and estimating level of effort with our Sales Engineers and Business Development Managers.
What you will bring
* Extensive software development experience
* Good experience with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform or other enterprise web applications.
* Collaborating in a client facing (external or internal) role.
* Working in project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
* Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it
* Ability to learn new skills quickly
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong problem solving and communication skills
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.