An Overview of the Role
To work as part of the Insights and Data (I&D) Delivery Management practice which specialize in data and information led projects and programmes. Your role will be to manage projects for clients that are contracted on a fixed price and time & materials basis.
Project management methodologies used will be structured or agile and experience of managing projects using either type of methodology is expected. At Capgemini part of the Project Manager role includes commercial management so you will be expected to manage project financials both internally and externally with the client.
You will take ownership for delivering project for clients including all aspects of project management and be accountable for the budget and outcomes.
- Take handover from Sales during the sales to delivery handover.
- Define a project plan acceptable to the client and within the constraints of the contract.
- Build a resource profile aligned to the project plan with an appropriate pyramid and on-shore/off-shore ratio.
- Manage projects day-to-day ensuring that risks, issues and dependencies are recorded, escalated and reported as appropriate.
- Manage daily project activities ensuring that on-shore and off-shore resources are aligned and working towards the common goal.
- Complete project status reports and present project status (including financials) at the monthly internal project reviews.
- Raise change requests to the contract as required.
- Provide accurate project forecasts.
- Build key client relationships and improve project profitability by selling additional work and/or resources into the client.
- Contribute to the I&D engagement management community.
- Experience of day-to-day management of project teams at multiple locations both on-shore and off-shore.
- Comfortable managing technical resources, be able to grasp technical issues and to guide your team to resolve technical project issues.
- Projects delivered will include any or all of the following: data warehouse, data analysis, master data management, data science, data migration, structured & self-service reporting.
- Delivering projects based on both structured and agile methodologies.
- Experience of the role of a Scrum Master would be particularly valuable.
- Demonstrate that you have commercial experience that includes managing projects based on both fixed price and time & materials contracts.
- Building ustainable relationships with customers at middle-top and top management level, utilising these for successful delivery and in seeking out further business opportunities.
- You are likely to have identified and taken the lead in major pursuits resulting in new or additional business.
- Recognised both internally and by clients for providing effective relationship and commercial management in complex delivery and sales environments
- Capable of developing and delivering formal presentations to senior clients in both delivery and sales situations.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.