The focus of your role
To work as part of the Insights and Data (I&D) Delivery Management practice which specialize in data and information led projects and programmes. Your role will be to manage projects for clients that are contracted on a fixed price and time & materials basis. Clients will be in any sector and projects managed can be of different degrees of complexity or size. Typically technologies will be around bespoke and packaged based products and will cover a broad spectrum of the major technologies. Project management methodologies used will be structured or agile and experience of managing projects using either type of methodology is expected. At Capgemini part of the Project Manager role includes commercial management so you will be expected to manage project financials both internally and externally with the client.
What you’ll do
You will take ownership for delivering project for clients including all aspects of project management and be accountable for the budget and outcomes.
- Take handover from Sales during the sales to delivery handover.
- Define a project plan acceptable to the client and within the constraints of the contract.
- Build a resource profile aligned to the project plan with an appropriate pyramid and on-shore/off-shore ratio.
- Manage projects day-to-day ensuring that risks, issues and dependencies are recorded, escalated and reported as appropriate.
- Manage daily project activities ensuring that on-shore and off-shore resources are aligned and working towards the common goal.
- Complete project status reports and present project status (including financials) at the monthly internal project reviews.
- Raise change requests to the contract as required.
- Ensure that invoices are raised and cash collected in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate project forecasts.
- Build key client relationships and improve project profitability by selling additional work and/or resources into the client.
- Contribute to the I&D engagement management community.
What you’ll bring
You will be an exemplary Project Manager:
- You will have substantial experience of day-to-day management of project teams at multiple locations both on-shore and off-shore.
- You will be comfortable managing technical resources, be able to grasp technical issues and to guide your team to resolve technical project issues.
- Projects delivered will include any or all of the following: data warehouse, data analysis, master data management, data science, data migration, structured & self-service reporting.
- You will have experience in delivering projects based on both structured and agile methodologies.
- Experience of the role of a Scrum Master would be particularly valuable.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have commercial experience that includes managing projects based on both fixed price and time & materials contracts.
- You will be able to show where you have managed clients in difficult situations and succeeded in achieving a positive outcome.
- You will have built sustainable relationships with customers at middle-top and top management level, utilising these for successful delivery and in seeking out further business opportunities.
- You are likely to have identified and taken the lead in major pursuits resulting in new or additional business.
- Recognised both internally and by clients for providing effective relationship and commercial management in complex delivery and sales environments
- Capable of developing and delivering formal presentations to senior clients in both delivery and sales situations.
- Clearly recognised for delivery and subject matter leadership.
Your creativity in both sales and delivery:
- Comfortable within a consulting led sales model.
- Architect innovative solutions which delivers value to clients whilst handling internal risk.
- Use the appropriate range of Capgemini capabilities to bring value to clients.
- Able to lead and guide clients into thinking about the overall business change and deployment agenda.
- Be an inspiring leader in a service offer or sector; leads generation of points of view or service offers, ensuring output is business led and emphasises Capgemini differentiators.
Excellent staff management and leadership:
- Evidence of the successful development of staff on engagements.
- Capable of acting as mentor and or reviewer; ensures staff have career and development plans and that these are achievable.
- Ability to motivate and lead sizable engagement teams of Capgemini and client staff.
- Flexible about work content and location and able to work independently on client site.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.