This is an exciting time as we support large scale client transformation across a wide range of technologies. In this cruicial role as Project Manager you’ll work with our Capgemini team supporting one of our largest clients globally.
Telford or Worthing with travel to other locations as required
The Senior Project Manager is required to join Capgemini’s team based in Telford or Worthing. There are a wide range of project types and whilst most of those projects are for HMRC, other clients are also supported.
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity to join our established and rapidly expanding team, working across a diverse range of technologies and areas of the business. You will lead, manage and deliver one or more complex projects or programmes using a variety of recognised methodologies, including Agile, via a number of multi-disciplined, highly skilled teams. You will work closely with some of our senior clients to build relationships, manage expectations, develop and establish new streams of work. You will play a leading role in establishing the appropriate commercial proposals alongside establishing delivery priorities and plans, managing risks and dependencies. You will play a key role in mentoring, developing our people and be an active member of our PM community.
• Delivery of one or more projects or a programme through the full lifecycle
• Provide leadership and management of project and programme teams
• Supporting new business development including the development of commercial propositions
• Accountability for all aspects of delivery including risks, issues, scope, cost and timeline
• Actively manage progress and financial reporting using best practice
• Actively manage the client relationship and their expectations
• Conduct client negotiations to agree terms for changes to the scope of the project or programme to ensure commercial viability and deliverability
• You’ll be accountable for the delivery of complex projects or a programme, typically involving multiple teams and/or suppliers
• You’ll be expected to understand and operating with the account strategy
• Delivery of end to end projects
• Co-ordination and management of project team members
• Management of all aspects of delivery including risks, issues, scope, cost and timeline
• Regular progress and financial reporting
• Strong experience of Agile & Waterfall methodologies
• Established credentials and track record of previous project delivery (of multi million pound budgets), across multiple industries
• Have a recognised industry qualification such as PRINCE 2
• Good communicator, ability to influence and coach others
• Proven ability to forge trusted relationship with clients in line with our business objectives
• Strong financial and commercial acumen
• Ability to work independently within a client or competitive environment
• Proven vendor/supplier management experience
• Excellent consulting and customer facing skills
• Strong Experience of Agile & Waterfall methodologies
• Good communicator, Ability to influence and coach others
• Excellent team working skills
• Strong financial management
• Ability to work under own initiative on a Client site
• Excellent consulting and customer facing skills
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm