Who you’ll be working with:
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 80 here in London, we’re a curious and caring mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and Beta Businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. Idean is a part of Capgemini Invent, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams.
Idean is a place where you can make real change at a truly enormous scale. We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business. Our team has written a bunch of articles about their work and life here at Idean over on our blog.
Wondering how the Idean UK studio is working during the pandemic? Like most companies around the world, we’re embracing remote working. Our studio has slowly started to re-open (when restrictions allow) for those who’d like to spend time there (all optional of course). Our later plan is to develop a hybrid model, where some purposeful in-person working will sit alongside continued remote working. This means that to work at Idean UK your fixed place of residence must be in or around London (although we appreciate you might be elsewhere within the UK right now).
An overview of the role:
You’ll be responsible for delivering against our multidisciplinary approach to designing and launching products, services and businesses – some of the bravest projects our clients have ever launched. You’ll also be a part of advancing our approach, helping to grow our culture, coaching junior members of the team, and partnering with and inspiring our clients. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in research, UX, UI, visual design, and brand. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span multiple areas of product design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas, and especially those who have been a part of teams who have launched products to market, or who have worked on products in-market. We’re flexible about what your experience is.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions and products
- Deliver quality design work and inspire the client towards these standards
- Facilitate or lead experiments and design sprints
- Contribute to advancing Idean’s design approach
- Collaborate with clients to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Take an active interest in our product design Community of Practice and industry and regularly share your work and ideas with the broader team and community.
As a Senior at Idean you have developed a core set of practice skills and you have the ability to define what good looks like across a number of practice approaches. You will play a hands-on role in the delivery of project activities and deliverables, e.g. workshops, presentations and feedback sessions, and your outputs will also include high quality work for your given practice with minimal guidance and oversight. You will develop trusted client relationships and lead activities and client interactions related to your practice area. You will play a key role in maintaining the project plan and you may play the project lead role on small projects. You will have an emerging set of team management skills, and we’d expect you to coach more junior members of the team and initiate feedback activities. You will also identify ways to work on your personal development and actively participate in growing and advancing your Community of Practice and the studio.
- Experience of product development, digital transformation, or customer experience design
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience of facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Ideally experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience across designing for mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience would be nice to have
- The drive to deliver excellent work
- The instinct to recognise when something doesn’t work
- The drive to proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work
- The ability and drive to engage in and encourage feedback activities
- Comfort reflecting on your individual performance and behaviours and, together with feedback from others, you will actively seek to continuously improve
- Passion about helping to create an environment where people can do great work
- Buckets of positivity and a “can do” attitude.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into how we work, and how we grow and support our team. Our policies on inclusive behaviours, mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as inclusive and forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/