In this role you will work within a multidisciplinary global team to discover, define, and design experiences that empower farmers to work more effectively and efficiently by utilizing our data-driven solutions.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
- Embed within a cross-functional product squad and lead design within one or more product areas – from discovery, definition, development through to delivery;
- Proactively partner with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a feature or product by understanding and balancing technical constraints, business requirements and user goals;
- Solve challenging design problems and present multiple concepts for consideration, with sound rationale articulating design decisions and your process;
- Greate deliverables for your product area (for example: competitive analyses, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, journey maps, storyboards, personas, design vision, specification documents, etc.) that help define the vision and execution of solving real user problems through the user experience;
- Demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management and relationship building skills, including effectively managing expectations and obtaining agreement on key objectives;
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- You are a team player and have strong collaborative spirit, ready to foster a healthy environment between design, engineering, and product;
- You are an effective communicator, never hide bad news, confront roadblocks that pop up, and challenge ideas while keeping an open mind and seek to learn new things;
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’ and ‘how we will know customers love it’);
- You have an incredible eye for design detail and understand that it’s the consistency in the little things that build trust with users;
- The ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions where necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else;
- You always ask if something can be better, love trying new things and iterating toward a better solution.
- Previous experience designing web and native iOS and Android applications;
- Previous experience as a designer in an agile environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience;
- You’re capable with industry standard design and prototyping tools (we use Figma!);
- You can share a portfolio of case studies with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience with data visualization (even better if it’s related to geo-spatial data);
- Experience utilizing and contributing to design systems;
- Experience working on a farm or in the agriculture/digital agriculture industry.