Who are we
Cloud and Edge is a projects and IT consulting arm of the larger CIS (Cloud Infrastructure Services) BU in Capgemini. While we’re a global consultancy, we are made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment. Our Cloud Platform Engineering (PE) is a niche team of a perfect blend of technocrats, including seasoned solution architects and engineers bringing in their best abilities. The team is responsible for creating innovative multi-cloud solutions on hyperscalers such as AWS, Azure and GCP from ground zero. We have expertise in building transformative DevSecOps, Containerisation, Kubernetes, Serverless, PaaS, Monitoring and Observability solutions leveraging CI/CD best practices. We are cloud-agnostic, tool-agnostic, technology-agnostic, automation focused and constantly challenging the status-quo. Our hands-on experience of various technologies and our capability to solve unique challenges for our clients sets us apart.
The focus of your role
Our Senior Architects – IOT are responsible for the technical decisions for driving the adoption of IOT frameworks, enabling distributed cloud transformation projects, guiding and orchestrating multiple scrum teams to deliver unique solutions that leverage all that our hyperscale partners and their ecosystem can offer. You will work with our business development teams to frame novel, IoT, cloud-native platform, and SRE offerings. Working with strategy, device and data engineers, enterprise architecture and application colleagues from across Capgemini, you will assemble teams with the optimum blend of skills and experience to rapidly deliver business value. You will pilot your teams, collaborating with others, and find the best way to progress. Whilst you may not heavily hands-on with coding, you’ll be able to architect IoT solutions leveraging both Edge computing and Cloud, then lead teams to deliver these.
You will attract, encourage and develop our engineers- promoting the fun and excitement of leveraging the latest and best technologies available in the market within this space.
What you must have
• Relevant and broad, practical IT experience of the cloud technologies, infrastructure and operations leveraged by software engineers, data engineers and data scientists.
• A deep knowledge of cloud-native tools, languages and methods with a track record of delivering several large-scale cloud-based engagements.
• Detailed experience in Agile ways of working and proven expertise in managing large scale programs.
• Expertise in providing design & consulting covering cloud hyperscalers’ IOT and Edge offerings.
• Experience in at least one large IoT and Edge related programme within a key industry vertical experience such as Manufacturing, Energy, Utilities, Telecoms or Distribution
• Professional Certifications in either AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Detailed understanding of cloud governance, optimisation, and operating models.
• A willingness to contribute your ideas and opinion on the latest industry trends.
• Most importantly, you will have a passion for learning about new technologies and for sharing your knowledge and skills with your colleagues and the wider technical community.
Why we’re different
As a Global System Integrator focused on transformational value delivery for our clients, our technical people are our most important assets. We nurture their careers to the highest grades within the organisation and foster a thriving, supportive and influential community for technical engineering globally. This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation finds the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini, we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life. Find out more and apply
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com