London & M25 corridor (further travel might be requird in the future)
Over the next few years our client will evolve its capability and services framework for supporting the delivery of capabilities on its data & analytics platforms, and the platforms themselves; in order to sustainably enable customers & consumers. This is underpinned by a vision of self-serve operationalisation; providing the right capabilities for global teams to ideate and prove out new data-led initiatives, more quickly bring them to market, leverage the most appropriate services on cloud, and robustly operate.
- This capability straddles new cloud capability delivery, big data engineering, and platform operations.
- The team will build and maintain key platform services, manage and promote ‘common good’ offerings, and lead and assure best practice in data engineering and analytics on data platforms; with a remit to help business teams, analysts and data scientists accelerate innovation and delivery of insight.
- It will operate under the Enterprise Data Platforms portfolio, and utilise the best of Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, Lean, and modern service management.
- Participation in daily scrum to update progress on tasks.
- Participation in sprint planning to decompose stories/PBIs into tasks and provide estimates.
- Potential for support of production implementation outside of core hours including weekends.
- Support of End to End testing with external systems and components.
- Administration of Big Data Platforms (Spark, Redshift) in an AWS hosted environment, and on-application (Palantir Foundry).
- Operational support including issues investigation and remediation, using data driven toolsets such as Splunk
- Management and development of platform maintenance, build and deployment frameworks to enable component re-use across solutions
- Management and development of data pipeline maintenance build and deployment frameworks to enable component re-use across data pipeline solutions (dataops) build on big data platforms.
- Development and maintenance of build and deployment scripts and automation tooling.
- Documentation of the platform build and deployment processes for support, maintenance and front-office knowledge management.
- Production of design artefacts to describe technical and operational processes
- Support and maintenance of existing platform management code base and tooling, including Python, Ansible (or similar) and CloudFormation (or similar).
- Demonstration and documentation of evidence to demonstrate Acceptance Criteria.
- Potential for US time zone support in region (staggered working hours)
- Good understanding of AWS Well Architected Framework
- Practitioner of security best practices
- Ability to architect/build monitoring solutions for a complex solution on AWS
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools/platforms
- i.e., Nagios/Sensu/Promethus/DataDog/Cloudwatch
- ELK stack
- Hands-on experience of working with AWS Platforms at a mid-to-senior engineer level
- Configuration management using Ansible
- CI/CD tooling (Git, Jenkins, GoCD, AWS CodePipeline, Azure DevOps)
- Knowledge/experience in Big Data related services
- Azure Data Factory,
- AWS Glue,
- AWS Lake Formation
- Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem (desirable)
- Familiarity with
- AWS data & analytics services such as S3, SQS, SNS, Redshift, Postgres, Aurora, MySQL, EMR (desirable)
- Knowledge/experience of working with Microservices/Kubernetes (desirable)
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
This role is open to our Returners Programme