Senior Network Engineer
You will be working on a client site, delivering great customer support acting as a single point of contact for IT user related issues. You will be working within a team environment working in collaboration to deliver a high standard of IT related customer Service. The role includes supporting a week of 24/7 on call within an existing support team.
The focus of your role
• Undertakes a range of hardware configuration and installation activities for a complex range of networks.
• Configures network hardware eg Data Centre Leaf and Spine switches, Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wireless LAN Controllers etc
• Performs impact assessments on large and complex networks
• Builds test plans and analyses results
• Provides on the job training to others
• Provide 24 x 7 Standby and Support on a rota including attending site within 1 hour
What you will bring
• Expected to have undertaken other Network roles
• Will typically be qualified to Cisco CCNA level or vendor equivalent accreditations
• Preferably be qualified to Cisco CCNP level or similar or working towards CCNP accreditation
• Will be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of networks including network security, virtual private networking (VPN) converged networks.
• Will have the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot LAN/WAN/Voice network Infrastructures for enterprise organisations
• Will be Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas
• Demonstrates behavioural competencies associated with frequent change, urgency and versatility
• Will be aware of Company values and demonstrate adherence to them
• Required to work at Barrow-in-Furness site
• Have or be able to obtain SC clearance
• Have or be able to obtain DV clearance
• Be a sole UK National.
What we’ll offer you
An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit, with a close working client relationship. Collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.