Barrow in Furness
An overview of the role
Working on a client site, acting as a single point of contact for IT user related issues delivering exceptional customer support.
You will be working in a collaborative team environment to deliver a high standard of IT related customer Service.
Working hours are Mon – Thur 08:00-16:30 (30mins lunch), Fri 08:00-13:30 – you will be expected to join the out of hours Standby rota. Additional out of hour’s overtime working may be required.
Must be prepared to be onsite at Barrow in Furness for at least 2 weeks in every month with remote working the other weeks
Why this role?
As a senior Network Engineer with Capgemini, your duties will include:
• Equipment installation and configuration activities for complex or high business impact solutions.
• Configuration of core infrastructure components e.g. Switches, routers, firewalls etc.
• Knowledge of some of the following, Cisco ACI, Cisco Load balancers, Cisco Prime, Paulo Alto Firewalls, Solarwinds, Wireless LAN Controllers
• Perform impact assessments on large or complex networks.
• Build test plans and analyses results.
• Provide on the job training to others
• Provide 24×7 Standby & Support
As someone with at least 6 years network experience, you will demonstrate behavioural competencies associated with frequent change, urgency and versatility.
You will have knowledge of networks including network security, virtual private networking (VPN) converged networks and be able to evidence the below requirements:
• qualified to Cisco CCNA level
• able to install, configure and troubleshoot LAN/WAN/Voice network Infrastructures for enterprise organisations – and an SME in one or more area.
• Be a sole UK National and therefore have or be able to obtain SC and DV clearance
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.