At Capgemini Group, we are proud of our purpose “Unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future”. Our success is measured through our value creation, and our overall positive impact. Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting team at Capgemini Group. We ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise.
The focus of your role:
We are looking for a knowledgeable IT Consultant to help our clients develop & implement strategy for their architecture division. You will help automate the current manual & error prone architecture processes through Enterprise architecture tool. You’ll take the hassle out of resolving technical problems and provide training to users to maximize the value of technology in business.
What you’ll do:
You will have the ability to design impactful decks targeting senior execs and present with the full confidence. Communication is everything for a consultant, so we expect you to amaze us with your presentation skills & exceptional technical writing skills. We’re further looking for superior technical expertise and a problem-solving aptitude.
In addition you’ll have experience with:
• Leading development of architectures for large transformation programs and ensure alignment to the enterprise architecture strategy
• Creating program roadmaps
• Creating and refining architecture principles
• Acting as design authority for programs/projects and running architecture forums
• Presenting to corporate architecture review boards and senior stakeholders
• Being responsible for providing leadership, designing solutions, ensure quality outcomes and overseeing the development and execution of projects across a client’s portfolio
• Providing support to program manager through developing estimates, and dependencies to meet program outcomes
• Managing IT initiatives and collaborating with in-house technical staff
What you’ll bring:
• 6+ years Enterprise Architecture experience including performing in a leadership capacity
• Deep Utilities experience from either Electricity, Gas or Water working across Back, Middle and Front Office
• Experience managing relationships with vendors
• Proven track record of managing teams of multiple competencies
• An analytical, business orientated mindset with problem-solving abilities
• Ability to articulate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Business and technology consulting tool kit including;
- Experience in developing client roadmaps and building client relationships
- Skills in negotiation, commercial awareness and solution proposition.
- Strong presentation skills, with excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional client-facing skills, able to facilitate workshops and meetings to develop client solutions.
• Experience using architecture frameworks like TOGAF or IAF
• Understanding of Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.