Our client, one of the largest banks in the world, is looking for a senior developer with strong core Java skills who would work in medium-sized, regionally distributed risk and connectivity teams within the Equities Electronic Trading to deliver technical and business-driven solutions.
The client covers 3 main business lines within the Equities umbrella; Equity Derivatives, Cash Equities, and Futures. Trading desks for these business areas are located globally in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
External clients and Sales are across the globe, serviced from our core locations. The Equity Delivery team belongs to the Cash Equities area providing coverage for Cash and Prime business (Portfolio, Single Stock, and Electronic trading). It looks after everything from Client and Market Connectivity over Sales and Execution Management systems (OMS and EMS) to Smart Order Router (SOR) and Algo platforms, which constitute the ‘front-to-back” from a client to an execution venue.
You will be involved in the full development life cycle of changes from analysis and design through to implementation and third-line support. The focus of this role will be on the global build-out and integration of Portal, Portal LD, SubM, and POMP applications for the QPS (Quant Prime Services) business.
This is a very varied role requiring a range of skills in addition to core Java development. We focus on low latency, high throughput, high availability and use technologies like Docker, Google, Protobuf, Solace, Apache Ignite Cache along with in-house developed frameworks.
- Produce high-quality server-side Java code with minimal direction
- Make architectural and design decisions with a larger impact
- Help with an investigation of production issues
- Communicate with project managers, analysts, and business stakeholders to clarify requirements and expectations
- Build understanding of the business and proactively contribute to the platform
- Perform code reviews to ensure implemented functionality matches expectations and is in line with coding standards
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience with Java and its ecosystems including Maven, unit testing, continuous integration, source code version control, and issue tracking
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix for development and operation
- Knowledge of SQL database technologies
- Fluent English
What that will help you in the role:
- Experience with publishing/subscribing middleware such as Solace, Tibco or 29West
- Knowledge of electronic trading and financial markets
What do we offer?
…to be the one shaping technology future in banking – with us, you will stay at the top of the technological game.
Does it sound tempting? Then do not hesitate and share your CV with us!