Our client, one of the largest banks in the world, is looking for a senior developer with strong core Java skills who is ready to accept the challenge of designing and building a completely new system with FinTech aspects from the ground up. We are helping the client build a team of 7 for this project in Prague. You will also be part of a wider well-established team here consisting of nearly 30 experienced professionals (a mixture of developers, PMO, BA/PMs).
About the Solution:
You will join a greenfield project that focuses on building a best-in-class integration into an industry-wide cross-asset ecosystem aiming to eliminate reconciliation and minimize disputes via a new cutting-edge processing infrastructure based on distributed ledger technologies.
Your future team leverages the capabilities of multiple technologies including Java, Oracle, Coherence, Restful API’s and Kafka
to build a platform that can meet all the business requirements. As the bank is keen to build a brand new system and over time onboard more products and business flows, we are looking for the most talented, like-minded, and creative individuals who can help in building the system from inception to the next level by solving complex business problems while leveraging the best of technologies.
- Have a unique opportunity to be with the project with FinTech aspects from its very beginning, shape its architecture and future
- Become a member of the Agile team responsible for designing, building, and enhancing the system – the next generation of our clients’ trade capture and lifecycle matching and reconsolidation platform
- Be responsible for the development and timely delivery of new features and functionalities as well as enhancements to the core systems
- Occasionally interact with the end-users to understand issues/feedback and incorporate the same in developing solutions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes and the system
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant experience in Java software development – previous experience as an architect might also help you
- Strong core Java skills including but not limited to Generics, Collections, Multithreading, I/O, Streams, and JDBC
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and debugging multithreaded Java code
- Familiarity with messaging platforms – especially Kafka and MQ
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases (ideally Oracle DB)
- Understanding complex problems and translate them into solution respecting OOP fundamentals
- Knowledge of enterprise design patterns
- Experience with technologies supporting development, continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment
- Team player familiar with Agile development concepts
- Fluent English
What that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge of the Distributed Ledger Technology
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle Coherence and related relevant experience
- Knowledge of web front-end development using HTML5 and Angular 6+ or similar
- Experience with Python development
What we use:
- Java 8
- Protocol buffers
- Messaging middleware (KafkaACE, Solace, MQ)
- Databases and caches (OracleDB, Coherence)
- Development tools such as IntelliJ IDEA, Git/BitBucket, Maven, TeamCity, Jira, Confluence, Nexus, JUnit, etc.
- RESTful APIs
- Linux (on servers) and Windows (mainly on desktops)
What do we offer?
…to be the one shaping technology future in banking, you will stay at the top of the technological game with us.
Does it sound tempting? Then do not hesitate and share your CV with us!