Our client is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind it.
We are looking for a strong JAVA developer to help grow our clients’ strategic Middle Office platform. There are multiple exciting challenges ranging from maintaining low latency, high throughput in handling millions of events a day, modernizing the Lucene-based back-end for UIs, introducing thin-clients based on HTML-5, enhancing our SOA architecture to use a more efficient shared-caching mechanism while at the same time minimizing breaks through reconciliation with external parties and helping our clients’ business achieve his ambition of being a top-ranking investment broker!
As more of the trades flow electronically, the volumes are getting higher and higher. As a result, we are looking at various initiatives on how to further enhance the platform to handle the predicted future volumes. This includes the evaluation of Cloud to enable respond faster to sudden volume peaks by bringing on additional instances at will, based on demand.
The team is global and currently 50-strong with 10 of them in Prague. Our client is now growing further and with it the opportunities to advance and lead.
The person fulfilling this role will be responsible for designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining the various components of our strategic platform.
- Design and develop business and non-functional features in Java technologies
- Work closely with the global development team
- Learn the Cash Equities business and regulations
- Liaise with business analysts and operations to understand the requirements
- Follow well organized and tight development processes utilizing Agile/Scrum and test-driven development principles to ensure high code quality and 0-defect strategy
- Use dev toolsets such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, TeamCity
- Work closely with testing and support teams throughout the project phases
- Help application support teams investigate production issues and do improvements to make the platform stable, maintainable, and resilient
What we’re looking for:
- Strong experience in Java advanced concepts and OOP patterns
- Unit testing
- Good understanding of technologies such as Linux, Maven, JMS, Spring, GIT, RDBMS
- Agile development (Scrum methodology)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience in working with a diverse team spread across the globe
- Understanding of middleware technologies, such as Solace / MQ / TIBCO RV
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
Does it sound tempting? Do not hesitate and share your CV with us!