Our client is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind it.
The Equities Central Risk Book Technology within the bank cash equities trading platform is responsible for centralizing risk by collecting as many proprietary risk positions within the equities division, and managing and liquidating these positions using the firm’s algorithmic trading platform.
The CRB Technology Platform is built as a backend messaging application capable of handling millions of messages daily from the firm’s strategic equities trading platforms. The team is undertaking a major migration in London from legacy applications to the strategic Automated Risk Manager (ARM) framework. In addition, the team is working on delivering major workflow improvements in the development of electronic RFQ handling and support for a Single Dealer Platform.
The CRB Platform is built on Java running on Linux, and utilizing Solace and Kafka as messaging technologies and KDB as a persistence store. The team provides an opportunity to work on a variety of technologies as well as providing close interactions with business traders for understanding the business.
- Work on several key systems in clients’ central risk platform, implement business features and technical improvements to meet tight performance requirements
- Learn business behind Global cash equities trading, risk management, and regulations applied on this business together with deep Java technical aspects such as garbage avoiding implementation of trading systems
- Cooperate with business analysts, testing teams, and developers of other parts of the trading platform on a local and global scale
- Follow well organized and tight development process following agile/scrum and test-driven development principals
- Use fully integrated dev toolset from Atlassian such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket, TeamCity as a continuous integration tool
- Help application support teams investigate production issues and do improvements to make the platform stable, maintainable, and resilient
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in writing and refactoring Java code
- Java OOP concept and basic Core Java 8 knowledge
- Knowledge of dependency injection framework (spring or guice or HK2)
- Experience with Linux operating systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience using Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Experience with messaging systems such as Solace, Kafka
- Knowledge or willingness to learn KDB
- Knowledge of DVCS, namely git
- Familiarity with Atlassian Toolset (Confluence, Jira, Bit Bucket) and some CI tool (TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo)
Does it sound tempting? Do not hesitate and share your CV with us!