Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Java Developer (Big Data)
Location: REMOTE during COVID (Client location toronto,On)
- 10 years professional experience in bulling ground up applications.
- 10 years expertise in java and J2EE architecture and solutions Expert
- Hands on knowledge in engineering ground up shared applications frameworks utilities services. Expert Software Engineering expertise in developing multithreaded application security and inter process integration.
- Expert knowledge in Big Data architecture and engineering including data storage and management distributed processing data pipelines data mining analyses visualization data integration and high performance algorithms.
- Expert in Object Oriented Service Oriented design and technical implementations.
- Able to resolves integration issues to guarantee solution conformance to requirements and engineering limitations.
- Capacity planning sizing and performance tuning.
- Technical Knowledge Computer Languages Java J2EE Scala Shell Script KAFKA API APGEE Microservices general application build Databases DB2 Oracle MySQL MS SQL Server No SQL HBase Vertica Casandra Operating Platforms UNIX Linux AIX z OS Windows Platforms Tools Frameworks Services Hadoop Spark MapReduce Hive Kafka Knox Oozie Solr Elasticsearch DataTorrent Apex Maven WebSphere Application Server MQ Series Hortonwork Flume Eclipse Maven DevOps Methodologies Object Oriented Programing Development Service Oriented Architecture UML.
- Process Knowledge Requirements methods interviewing data and system modeling.
- Different methodologies Agile iterative methodologies like RUP and traditional waterfall Business. Knowledge Business lines business applications processes Factors affecting business.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law