Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 90 here in London, we’re a curious and caring mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and Beta Businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. Idean is a part of Capgemini Invent, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams.
Idean is a place where you can make real change at a truly enormous scale. We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business. Our team has written a bunch of articles about their work and life here at Idean over on our blog. We take on projects of many shapes and sizes. They can be short or long, depending on the scope. And they can sometimes involve some travel to see clients and users. However right now, like most companies around the world, we’re embracing remote working. Our studio has slowly started to re-open for those who'd like to spend time there (all optional of course) but our later plan is to develop a hybrid model, where some purposeful in-person working will sit alongside continued remote working. This means that to work at Idean UK your fixed place of residence must be in or around London (although we appreciate you might be elsewhere right now).
Why this role?
In this Senior Full-Stack Developer role you will help with all aspects of solution development, including the overall design and architecture of the technical solution, implementation patterns and code quality , CI/CD pipelines and Cloud infrastructure.
We will provide you with a brilliant learning ground – the opportunity to experience a variety of work and coaching from our leadership team. And we’re one of the few consultancies delivering products to the market!
You’ll work across all stages of the product life cycle: from inception, to proof of concept, to full build, and then launch in market. The scope of our work and sectors is also as varied, ranging from building entire beta businesses to creating brand new mobile apps, within the biggest players across the telecoms, banking, travel and utilities industries, amongst many others. You’ll also work closely with our broader team of Designers, Product Managers, Technologists and QA’s to get to a fantastic result.
- Work with a lot of different technologies. We don’t have a set technology stack, although we lean towards open source frameworks and cloud services that let us get stuff done quickly. We’ve recently done some awesome work with React, Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In tech terms, this means we get good quality code and platforms built and shipped and into customers' hands as fast as we can.
- Work within a multi-skilled technology team and broader project team; we’re a team of do-ers and shippers
- Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. You’ll be an integral part of the development team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement.
- A wealth of experience of software integration patterns, APIs and approaches to integrating with legacy systems.
- Comfort advocating DevOps concepts and are expert in the tools and technologies that make them possible.
- An eye for detail and passion to make what we create shine. Our products have got to be functionally correct and they’ve also got to look good
- Passion and curiosity for the web and technology. We want to push ourselves and we want to stay current
- Excellent communication and will enjoy working in teams. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, ship products.
- We’re all responsible for the quality of the code and the success of the project
- The drive to proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Comfort leading sessions with senior clients
- The instinct to recognise when something doesn’t work
- The ability to manage up and initiate difficult conversations with the project leadership team
- Passion about helping to create an environment where people can do great work
- Buckets of positivity and a “can do” attitude.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/