An overview of the role
The Applied Innovation Exchange is seeking a talented individual who possesses infinite curiosity to work with our UK team in our innovation exchange in the heart of London. You'll be part of a small team of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
You will have a passion for innovation and emerging technology and embrace working with new ideas and methods. You will be comfortable working in an ambitious, start-up style culture where you will play a part in our future strategy and growth.
You will work alongside clients, account execs, innovation strategists, engineers and product managers to ideate, experiment, and build rapid proof of values and innovations for a range of clients leveraging the latest emerging technology.
Your primary role will be to work with our team, clients and partners to create new products, services and systems to drive meaningful change. As a user centred design advocate, you will deliver value for our clients and have a strong portfolio and track record to demonstrate this. Not only do you understand the value of design, but you are also able to communicate this in engaging ways to clients and internal stakeholders.
You get excited solving design, business and technology challenges through design and by working hand in hand with customers to deliver unique experiences.
Why this role?
- Help guide our overall strategy through design, prototyping, market research and experimentation.
- Lead the delivery of new products, services, capabilities and systems from a design standpoint
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge solutions and future concepts
- Communicate the value of business led design to clients in ways that generate curiosity, a desire to apply innovation
- Deliver quality design work, using collaboration tools like Figma and inspire the clients towards design standards and systems
- Facilitate workshops, brainstorming sessions, experiments & design sprints with internal design team members or with clients to define design direction
- Conduct user research and interviews, create user journeys and personas to uncover customer insights
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
What you’ll do
- Experience in a similar design led innovation role
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to really engage with and understand stakeholders
- Ideally some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and client stakeholders at pace
- Experience in inclusive design is a plus
- Ideally an understanding of emerging technologies such as AI, IoT or Mixed Reality
- A bias for action, creating proof points based on tangible experiments, prototypes or solutions
- Passion for UX design and eagerness and ability to mentor and bounce ideas with other creative people
- Strong grasp of human centred design practices
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Proven attention to detail
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm