A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
The Cloud Infrastructure Services business unit reflects the Collaborative Business Experience, combining Capgemini’s consulting, infrastructure build and run capabilities, as well as the provision of cloud-based services in an integrated global sales and delivery model. The group provides infrastructure outsourcing services, including data centre, helpdesk and network support, as well as market leading services such as service integration and cloud brokering orchestration. The group also provides infrastructure transformation services, helping clients to virtualise and optimise their technology estates. As technology and business trends evolve our security and end user services and transformation practices further provide protection and business change opportunities to our clients.
As a result of Capgemini’s continued success there is the opportunity to join the global Cloud Infrastructure Services commercial and contract management function supporting the UK and Nordic regions. The team is responsible for providing commercial and contract management support for all business undertaken across these regions and you will be in a key position to support the continued growth of our business. You will be in a client facing role providing expert and pragmatic commercial support to our teams and working with our clients to secure new business.
You will be responsible for promoting and applying commercial best practice throughout the life of a client engagement to drive value for our clients and Capgemini. You will be the commercial lead for a key UK based publicprivate sector account becoming the point of contact with the client and the Capgemini team for all commercial matters. You will primarily be responsible for working with the client’s commercial team to manage all commercial matters. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring Capgemini’s compliance with the contract, providing advice on commercial and contractual matters to the account, sales and delivery teams and applying our commercial best practice in the day-to-day management and administration of each account.
• Be a member of the account leadership team, taking a key role in the ongoing development of the account to support our clients’ and Capgemini’s business objectives
• Act as the single point of contact (both internally and for the client) for all commercial matters
• Ensure commercial management best practice is implemented within the account (e.g. risk registers are maintained)
• Maintain and continue to develop the day-to-day commercial process and procedures necessary to support the overall account strategies
• Assist with the management of complex sales opportunities within the account (Bids, RFPs, RFQs)
• Participate in and/or lead senior level negotiations with both internal and external customers for the introduction of scope or other changes, new business lines and renewals
• Assist in shaping commercial propositions to support the selling of additional offerings to meet our clients’ requirements
• Previous experience of contract management in a large, matrix environment
• Detailed understanding of key legal, commercial principles and obligations found in outsourcing contracts (including specific variations that may apply to a particular market/geography because of legislation/regulation or common practice e.g. ARD, Sarbanes Oxley/SAS70, EU Data Protection, Financial Distress, etc.)
• Broad experience of IT sales and service delivery, preferably in the defence sector
• Excellent client facing skills with the ability to negotiate and to cope in difficult situations
• Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to think laterally
• Track record of dealing with complex Commercial/Legal issues
• Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships
We offer a strong professional development environment offer accelerated career progression opportunities within an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/