Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
An overview of the role:
Capgemini Invent is a strategic partner for utilities around the world. Our 24,000 strong Energy & Utilities Business brings to life what’s next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design. We help our clients – including 40 in the UK – to become more customer focused, to embrace the power of new technologies, data science and the digital revolution, to explore new business models, to control costs and add value for customers and stakeholders.
With continued growth across the Energy & Utilities Sector, we are seeing a significant increase in demand for our teams who are already working with major UK Utilities organisations. As such, we are recruiting Senior Consultants into our Energy and Utilities Sector Transformation team to support clients across the UK and globally. You’ll bring your delivery experience, leadership and stakeholder management skills to support our clients to innovate and develop new strategies, and products and services. Responsible for leading the delivery of projects, you will work in partnership with clients to design and implement new business and operating models, often taking an agile approach. As an emerging leader in the practice, you will balance your delivery role with supporting the development and expansion of our Strategy and Operating Model team. The role will be varied and challenging, working with clients to leverage emerging opportunities and solve their most pressing problems, often in a fluid and uncertain environment.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Your role will be to:
- Lead the delivery of complex projects, working collaboratively with team members and clients to rapidly understand and define business challenges and potential solutions
- Develop and present meaningful and practical insights and recommendations, based on a robust evidence-base, and that can stand up to client scrutiny
- Build strong, long-lasting client relationships as a trusted advisor at all levels
- Coach, develop, and performance manage team members as part of project delivery
- Lead the pursuit of business development opportunities for the Strategy & Operating Model practice, comprising strategy development & execution, operating model, process, service, and organisation design, across all Energy & Utilities accounts
- Work with colleagues in our sub-brands such Alt Tran, Fahrenheit212 and Idean on new product and service strategies and strengthen the convergence of design-led thinking, strategy and operations. We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
What you’ll bring:
We are looking for candidates with a proven consulting track record of delivering value in the Energy & Utilities Sector or a related sector, who enjoy working collaboratively with clients and have a passion for developing people. We need strategic thinkers who are fuelled by solving complex problems as part of a results-driven, supportive team. We expect an entrepreneurial flair and a willingness to take calculated risks, alongside a keen appetite to develop new skills. While experience in digital and agile projects are desirable it’s not a pre-requisite: we will support you to develop such skills alongside a wide range of learning and development initiatives. In addition, you’ll have the following experience:
- Proven business success – at least three to six years of demonstrated consulting success defined by clear, measurable business outcomes achieved.
- Analysis and problem solving – the ability to shape and solve problems using both qualitative and quantitative, data-driven approaches to derive meaningful insights that add value for our clients
- A strategic thinker who can demonstrate experience of developing business operating models – an understanding of the link between strategy, business models and operating models, and the challenges in moving from invention to implementation with flexibility and agility, with applied experience pertaining to organisation-level operating and business models.
- Strategy and/or operating model delivery experience – experience designing and delivering a strategic transformation project
- Excellent presentation and articulation skills – outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems, quantitative analysis and solutions in a way they can be quickly understood.
- Business relationship building – demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships including senior executive level
- Sector knowledge – an understanding of the current trends and issues in the Energy & Utilities sector and broader ecosystem, and their impact on organisations and society including the anticipated shift in RIIO-2 capability requirements of the UK Utilities industry.
- Learning and coaching – the desire to continue developing and to develop those around, both for clients and your Capgemini Invent employees.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- You will have the freedom to make your role and career what you want it to be; self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- We are a place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged and rewarded.
- Bring your true self to work; we value authenticity and encourage you to bring your individuality.
- We are driven to make a sustained impact, with each and every one of our clients. Your hard work will bear fruit and drive concrete, positive change.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/