Senior Capacity Manager
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
As the Senior Capacity Manager, you will be an integral part of the existing Availability and Capacity team within Service Management based in the Highlands, working for a large UK organisation within the Finance Sector.
The focus of your role
As a Senior Capacity Manager you will have overall responsibility for ensuring that there is adequate IT Capacity to meet required levels of service and for ensuring that senior IT management is correctly advised on how to match Capacity and demand, and to ensure that use of existing Capacity is optimized.
What you’ll do
• Monitor, report and support the optimisation of capacity requirements for the Infrastructure
• Produce and maintain a capacity plan including but not limited to forecasting capacity and availibility requirements and be responsive in an agile way to the clients changing needs
• To maintain metrics around utilisation, performance and capacity for trending of the in-scope infrastructure
• Carry out Capacity Trending for a pre-defined set of metrics. Proactively recommend based on trending information solutions to pre-empt immediate problems
• To assist in ensuring that current and future capacity and performance aspects of the IT infrastructure are provided to meet business requirements.
• Meeting and exceeding Capacity Management SLA’s for client business services
What you’ll bring
• Ideal candidate would have excellent understanding and experience of working in a Capacity and Availability Management/Planning environment.
• Good general knowledge/understanding of technologies i.e. storage, networks, VSE, Windows and UNIX/LINUX servers.
• Experience of the following tooling beneficial, including but not limited to: : Service Now, Syncsort Athene or similar, Lakeside Systrack, Microsoft Excel.
• Must be able to work independently, have analytical approach. Candidate must be orientated on service improvement and must be comfortable in taking the lead in interactions with Customer, Suppliers and Third Parties.
• Comfortable working with all ITIL processes, especially Demand Mgt.
• PCI awareness beneficial
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.