Job Title: Senior Buyer
Who you’ll be working with
You will be part of Group Procurement delivering Procurement activity within a large Public Sector account. The Senior Buyer will interact with client procurement and commercial leads, verifying requirements internally and within the Public Sector account, providing timely outcomes to meet often challenging timescales. The Senior Buyer will build and leverage effective relationships with a wide range of suppliers and interface into internal teams to deliver the business needs in compliance with key policies, processes and contractual obligations.
The focus of your role
You will perform Procurement activity for a large Public Sector account predominantly within the IT & Telecommunications Purchasing Category with a focus on Software purchasing and renewals.
What you’ll do
- Perform procurement activities predominantly within the IT & Telecommunications purchasing category with a focus on Software purchasing and renewals.
- Proactively manage Software renewals (multi-million spend) including supplier performance and contract management.
- Provide professional Procurement bid support on new opportunities to help drive revenue growth within client accounts.
- Perform Sourcing and tendering activities, utilizing Procurement tools and processes in compliance with Capgemini and client requirements.
- Ensure professional relationship management of the client, investing in the long-term relationship, demonstrating value for money initiatives and securing additional business to contribute to the account’s revenue and growth.
- Comply with and support Procurement category strategy, collating and providing management reporting to underpin strategy goals.
- You will work to ensure suppliers act according to Capgemini Values e.g. Code of Business Ethics, Anti-Corruption Policy, Group Fair Competition Laws.
- Contribute to and deliver category savings targets and customer satisfaction
What you’ll bring
- IT & Telecommunications / Software Purchasing category experience (3+ years).
- Experience in managing procurement and renewal activity in complex and challenging environment
- Highly motivated towards achieving cost savings and corporate goals (i.e. commercially minded)
- Ability to leverage existing relationships with large Software vendors
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Pro-activity in identifying and managing/mitigating potential problems and reactivity to manage changing requirements
- Solid understanding of contracts and Licencing Agreements and a ‘zero error’ attitude
- Tenacious and robust character to challenge appropriately and drive successful outcomes
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.