Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Cloud Infrastructure Services is one of the biggest outsourcing service providers in Poland. Since the establishment of our first service center in Krakow in 2004, it has achieved great success and grown rapidly. In 2006, we opened a second center in Katowice and in 2012 a third center in Opole. Today, our team of 2,000 professionals delivers IT outsourcing services to 40 clients in 20 languages. Meet our team!
The Senior BI Consultant provides expertise in the design, development and operation of subject matter areas and associated reports contained within the enterprise data warehouse as well as other data sources. Engages with operations teams to understand and translate business requirements into operational designs for business intelligence projects. Support the development of productive relationships with non-IT staff performing BI-related activities and management, operational and other reporting activities. Continually align BI and reporting project requirements to broader IT strategies and architectures. Maintain technical competency, participate in vendor and customer meetings and assist in advancing the Business Intelligence services. Drive continuous improvements to keep BI architecture and solutions aligned with current and future business needs.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of data warehouse and data mart concepts or/and “In memory” analytics and other data storage technologies (i.e. Qlik View Data Files QVD).
- Develops conceptual and logical data models for building effective decision support systems.
- Translate conceptual design specifications in close collaboration with business owners, and design and develop BI solutions.
- Capture business, technical and operational requirements and create / communicate business intelligence options (ETLs, cubes, analytics).
- Data Modelling and Enterprise Data Warehouse Design and Operation. Developing and testing programs to extract, cleanse, transform and load from source systems into Data Warehouse or/and other data technologies (i.e. “In Memory”, QVD etc.)
- Serving as application administrator for ETL/BI tools.
- Building Management, Operational, and ad hoc reports.
- Develop quality control measures, testing measures, and the accuracy of data standards to support deployment of solutions for the business.
- Responsible for gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing data and reporting requirements. Performs analysis, development and evaluation of data mining in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Reviews and validates data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy.
- Provides technical consulting to users and advises them on conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Responsible for prototyping solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests and for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modelling for data warehouses.
- Ability to think objectively and make sound business and technical decisions.
- Ability to motivate and inspire an BI/Analytics other team members.
- Effective business communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility, strong interpersonal, analytical, technical and problem solving attributes.
- Understands the IT environment well and specializations within IT and relationship building with customers to meet their needs.
- Expertise in data modelling, data integration (i.e. SSIS) and Reporting tools.
- Candidates with ITIL processes experience would be preferred.
What’ll make You special:
- Required Experience: 4-5 years.
- Four years of Data Warehousing and BI Analysis experience including Data Analysis, Report Writing and Data Warehouse Development experience.
- Work history of successful software/BI Solution design and utilization of latest technologies in Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio; Microsoft’s SQL server and Windows Server environment; SSRS; SSIS.
- Experience in above MS BI technologies or/and other BI Tools (SAS, Cognos, Oracle BI, Qlik View/Sense) is also welcome.
What we offer
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients– known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ITIL, Vmware, Citrix, Oracle Database). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program)
- As a disabled person you will get professional support. We are open to provide assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities. We care about inclusion and equal rights approach. We conduct disability awareness trainings. Join our Win with Capgemini Program for people with disabilities