Job Title: Senior AWS Architect – COE
Employee Type: Full Time with Benefits
About the Role/position
This role will be responsible to define, estimate, and deliver engagements that help clients leverage and move to AWS. The role requires deep and broad experience in defining, architecting, and deploying cloud solutions in AWS. It is also leadership position that entails guiding and coaching other Capgemini consultants and teams in designing and deployment of workloads and IT capabilities in AWS. The role will work across teams to ensure consistency in approach and methods as well as of cloud operating model engagements.
- Definition, planning and delivery of AWS engagements that may include:
- Conducting cloud assessments to establish appropriate cloud uses case to leverage AWS and establish what applications and workloads to move to AWS
- Based on cloud use case and/or applications/workloads to move to AWS, define and design appropriate to-be application, platform, and hosting architectures in AWS
- Designing AWS architecture that meets key non-functional requirements (security, compliance, performance, resiliency, and availability) and needed services
- Migration of assets (workloads/applications) and capabilities (e.g. DR, archiving/backup) to AWS
- Utilizing AWS services (e.g. CloudFormation, Opsworks, CloudWatch, CodePipeline, etc.) to implement desired cloud operating model to enable Environment-as-a-Service and DevOps capabilities
- Implementation of appropriate security patterns utilizing AWS capabilities
- Guide Capgemini consultants and teams on how to structure and deliver AWS engagements; lead capturing and sharing of reusable content/IP (e.g. AWS reference architecture, AWS security patterns, etc.)
Technical Requirements / Qualifications:
- Has at least 4 years of hands-on experience in planning, designing, architecting and implementing IT capabilities and migrating workloads/applications to AWS
- Certified as an AWS Solution Architect at Professional level with demonstrable proficiency dealing with security, big data, serverless, API gateway and pipelines
- Has 7 or more years’ experience in IT and/or software development including roles as an enterprise architect, application architecture or infrastructure architecture
- Implementation experience with distributed applications; working knowledge of software development, DevOps tools and methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Senior IT executives
- Excellent organizational skill and ability to juggle multiple demands without missing deadlines
- Strong teambuilding skills and teamwork orientation; able to coach, mentor or lead by example
- Strong understanding of risk management techniques and ability to develop appropriate contingency plans
- Has led teams for over five years; management level experience in IT
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What We Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.