Who you’ll be working with
The successful applicant for this role will join Capgemini’s Inverness based UK Security Vetting Team located within the Capgemini UK cybersecurity operations centre in the Highlands.
The Highland Security Operations Centre (HSOC) has proven highly successful since its formation in 2014 and serves a range of government and commercial clients headquartered in the UK and Continental Europe
The focus of your role
The Capgemini Security Vetting Team administer and manage personnel security requirements for global Capgemini resources assigned to UK government and commercial client projects.
The vetting team perform employee background verification checks in line with UK Government standard (BPSS) or equivalent and provide administration, management, support and aftercare services for UK National Security Vetting (NSV), non-police personnel vetting (NPPV) and commercial client contracts.
This is a very demanding and interesting role, working as part of the UK Vetting team delivering and supporting the corporate security programme.
What you’ll do
Administer security vetting applications and aftercare with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner in accordance with agreed client procedures including:
- Process requests for security clearance from offer management and internal resourcing teams.
- Check completed applications for accuracy and validity, in line with required procedure and contractual agreement.
- Liaise with applicants, internal project staff, global HR teams, UK government vetting departments and UK Security Vetting authority.
- Hasten responses and refer excessive delays to team management
- Maintain paper and electronic records in line with current data protection legislation and Capgemini Policy
- Notification of vetting approvals and refusals
- Provide periodic statistics on UK Vetting
- Support client audit activities
- Support Capgemini’s List X and ISO 27001 Certifications
- Conduct simple investigations and provide reports on matters such as access to designated secure work areas.
- Compile, check and distribute simple security reports under the direction of Capgemini’s security management team.
- In addition, the candidate may be required to carry out ad-hoc administration and reporting tasks as required.
The successful candidate will require to undertake UK Government national security vetting at SC level. Additionally, police vetting at a minimum of NPPV2/CTC level is desirable for the role. Successful applicants not already in possession of SC clearance will need to achieve this during their probation period; training and limited work will be possible once vetting applications have been submitted
What you’ll bring
Data handled by the team includes extremely sensitive personal information as wells as data that has been protectively marked by the UK Government. Team members must always display discretion and be capable of managing and handling data sensitively and confidentially.
Successful applicants will receive training locally in both security vetting and HMG/client security levels and classifications.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A pro-active service delivery orientated work ethic, including:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time management skills with proven experience of managing a large workload with variable priorities.
- A desire for constant service improvement
- Identification of potential improvements to working practices
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including:
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Dealing sensitively and effectively with concerned applicants and those who have been refused clearance
- Communication with a variety of HMG/Client vetting agencies
- Proven experience of working in a demanding administrative office environment
- Proven experience of working with MS Office applications; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Patience and impartiality
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, including a willingness to share information and experience with colleagues
- Motivation to learn and develop in the role
What we’ll offer you
Professional development, career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why We’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life need