An overview of the role
Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Are you an excellent communicator with demonstrable experience of delivering security services within organisations? Would you relish putting these skills into practice by taking on a role within Capgemini to protect us and our clients from cyber threats?
As a Security Manager, you will be the focal point of contact for any security matters on client accounts. With diverse clients covering any industry sector you can imagine, a day in the life of a Capgemini Security Manager is never dull. The role requirements vary from client to client and so there is an element of flexibility required, from which you’ll be rewarded through exposure to new challenges and opportunities.
You will be joining a fantastic team of more than 300 security professionals that deliver world-class security services day in and day out.
No day is ever the same as a Security Manager as every client is different. In a nutshell: you will be accountable for the end-to-end management of security issues and incidents, acting as a single point of contact for all security matters on client accounts.
The day to day stuff: You’ll be accountable for the holistic management of security, managing incidents, risk management, contractual compliance and any other security services that might be used (such as our SOCs, Threat Intelligence or Vulnerability Management services), all delivered with a pragmatic approach to contractual requirements.
Some of the work you will deliver will involve:
• Providing security advice and guidance
• Security incident management and response
• Governance and contractual compliance for all security deliverables
• Threat and vulnerability management
• Security risk management
• Delivery of security awareness training
• Security reporting (including elements of financial reporting)
• Management of client Information Security Management System (ISMS)
You will have the opportunity to interact with a truly global team of security experts, from Architects to Engineers, from Compliance Managers to Developers, but that outreach doesn’t just stop at security; we actively encourage our staff to engage with other areas of the business and local communities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about cybersecurity, and has experience driving and delivering security services within organisations. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills; someone who can build and maintain effective working relationships with various people (Capgemini, clients, 3rd Parties and Partner contacts). We hope to find someone who enjoys working collaboratively, who is open to sharing knowledge and helping others.
We know unicorns don’t exist, so you don’t need to meet every single one of the following requirements, but if you believe you can meet these or at least have the potential to develop the skills…then believe in yourself and apply today:
• A good knowledge of Cyber Security and Information Assurance – an ability to demonstrate understanding of security from different perspectives i.e. across people, processes and technology
• Strong communication skills – an ability to communicate with a variety of people is essential. We are looking for individuals who can interpret complex technical information and translate it effectively for different audiences
• Experience in security incident management investigations
• Someone who is an advocate for security good practice, with the ability to influence others
• An ability to identify and drive improvements
• Hold, or be working towards, a relevant security qualification such as CISM, CISSP, GSLC (GIAC), CCP (ISSM), GIS
• A working knowledge of ISO standards (e.g. ISO 27001) or similar frameworks such as PCI-DSS, CyberEssentials.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.