An overview of the role
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring governance and contractual compliance for all security deliverables, making sure that the client’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) is maintained along with compliance to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards used to support the effectiveness of the ISMS.
Reporting to the Cloud Infrastructure Services CISO for UK&I you will be joining a team of more than 150 security professionals that deliver world class security services to a range of blue chip clients in all verticals.
Reporting to the Cloud Infrastructure Services CISO for UK&I you will be joining a team of more than 150 security professionals that deliver world class security services to a range of blue chip clients in all verticals and will act as single point of contact for all security matters for the, providing guidance when needed.
Why this role?
- Highly motivated individuals who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of security incidents and issues.
- Teamwork is one of the most important attributes required of an individual as will be part of a large civilian and military team who are employed to resolve complex and operationally sensitive security problems.
- Overall, the individual should have an excellent understanding of data networking network security and possess a proactive attitude towards learning the variou security tools used by the DD SOC.
- Flexibility around working beyond core business hours from time-to-time dependent on the operational tempo and requirement.
- Conduct reactive monitoring of MOD networks to deliver a layered, agile cyber defence capability across all security domains.
- Manage and triage alerts; conduct impact assessments and develop mitigating strategies to be briefed up the chain of command.
- Be able to liaise with National and International cyber security agencies including NCSC, MSPs & 5-Eyes partners to deliver a co-ordinated Cyber-Defence capability.
- Improve and comply all extant cyber security policies, procedures and orders, review and amend when required.
- Maintain and share knowledge of current cyber issues, vulnerabilities and exploits through research, technical reports and briefs.
- Champion and encourage operationally focussed continuous improvement to all members of the team to enhance the efficiency of all systems and processes.
- Ensure the Quality of triaged tickets meet the standard and manage the technical aspects of cyber events through in-depth data packet analysis; lead the management of incidents through the incident management lifecycle: preparation, detection, analysis, containment, eradication and recovery.
- Provide SME cyber security advice when required and translate technically complex incidents and events into operational impacts to focus senior management decision-making.
- Be familiar with the OS SOC Business Continuity Plan and be prepared to deploy to remote UK sites if required to do so.
Required Technical Skills
· Experienced Tier 1 SOC analyst
· Knowledge of data networks
· Ticket Management, SIEM, Azure O365, IDS, Packet Analysis, Log Analysis
· Desirable Security Qualifications (SANS GIAC, Security+, etc.)
· DV cleared
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance
their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.