Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
*** US Based candidates ONLY and minimum of 5-7 years experience to apply***
Title: Security Engineer
- Build software libraries and services to provide secure by default services to software engineering teams, including authentication systems, secure service architectures, endpoint control solutions, and cloud controls
- Partner with colleagues from across engineering and risk to ensure an outstanding developer experience that satisfies the firm’s security needs
- Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
- Help to provide frictionless integration with the firm’s runtime deployment and SDLC technologies
- Manage the full lifecycle of software components from requirements through design testing development release and demise
- Help to communicate and promote best practices for security engineering across the firm
- Engage in production troubleshooting
- A strong grounding in security concepts including secure coding practices, trusted computing, and principles of authentication and authorization
- A good understanding of public key and symmetric key cryptography
- The ability to reason about performance security and process interactions in complex distributed systems
- Proficiency in designing developing and testing cross platform software in one or more of Java Golang or C open to using multiple languages
- Experience developing deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life cycle
- The ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
- Experience meeting demands for high availability low latency and scale
- The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively both in writing and orally as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse engineering teams
- An understanding of regulated environments e.g. financial services
- Experience building services using public cloud providers such as AWS Azure or GCP
- Experience with threat modeling and risk assessment
- Experience of practical security engineering in a Linux and or Windows environment
- Familiarity with service mesh concepts and service oriented architectures
- Familiarity with data protection principles and solutions
- Experience with deploying software to containerized environments Kubernetes Docker
- Experience monitoring measuring auditing and supporting software
- Scripting skills using Python PowerShell or bash
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure as code platforms as a user and or as a service provider
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.