Who you’ll be working with
With incidents of cyber-crime frequently in the news, Capgemini’s clients are increasing conscious of the need to protect their systems and data. The successful applicant for this role will join Capgemini’s Inverness based UK Security Operations Team, which in turn forms part of the Company’s Global Cybersecurity Unit.
The Highland Security Operations Centre (HSOC) has proven highly successful since its formation in 2014 and serves a range of government and commercial clients headquartered in the UK and Continental Europe. Successful applicants will have the chance to develop a career which in the future could see them working in areas such as Protective Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics and Identity & Access Management.
The HSOC does now have office space in Nairn and there are plans during 2018 to refurbish this into a second Highland SOC. However do note that whilst some opportunity to work from the Nairn office does exist right now, all training will be done in Inverness. Inverness is the base location for this role and you will need to spend time with the bulk of the team who are based there.
The focus of your role
The role of Security analyst involves supporting multiple clients within HSOC, providing first contact for incoming alerts, incidents and requests. Working to defined processes you will be expected to help conduct incident triage, document all actions and implement relevant remediation steps.
The role is full time based on a 37.5 hour week. Dependant on exact position the successful applicant will be required to work either:
A shift pattern that spans 08:00 to 18:00 Mondays to Fridays.
24 x 7 shift pattern with 12 hour shifts covering day shift 07:00 to 19:00 and night shift 19:00 to 07:00 Monday through to Sunday.
As part of the Mutualised HSOC team HMG security vetting clearance at SC level is required. Successful applicants not already in possession of SC will need achieve this during their probation period; HSOC staff will assist and advise.
What you’ll do
- Provide first contact for all incoming alerts, calls and tickets
- Adhere to client SOPs in given services to assess and triage security incidents and alerts
- Monitor various security technologies and implement security measures or escalations as necessary
- Prepare reports using various sources of data
- Review and promote improvement across the service
- Update your knowledge by participating in training opportunities and research latest information security trends
- Provide periodic statistics on UK Vetting
- Support Capgemini’s List X and ISO 27001 Certifications as they relate to the security administration team
- Conduct simple investigations and provide reports on matters such as access to designated secure work areas.
- Obtain data, calculate simple statistics and generally provide information required by regional and global Capgemini Cybersecurity teams.
- Compile, check and distribute simple security reports under the direction of Capgemini’s security management team.
What you’ll bring
- The right mind-set, attitude and a desire to succeed are the main qualities we are looking for. Some relevant technical experience is useful, but not essential as providing there is aptitude, training will be given where needed.
- An analytical mind-set with skills essential for security investigation and management work including:
- The ability to spot and asses security risk wherever it may exist
- An enquiring mind that does not necessarily accept things at face value
- Excellent decision making skills
- The ability analyse a situation and identify the best course of action
- A basic understanding of security threats and compromise methods would be useful as would some basic understanding of server, client and network technologies
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
What we’ll offer you
Professional development: career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.