Who you’ll be working with
With incidents of cyber-crime frequently in the news, Capgemini’s clients are increasing conscious of the need to protect their systems and data. The successful applicant for this role will join Capgemini’s Inverness based UK Security Operations Team, which in turn forms part of the Company’s Global Cybersecurity Unit.
The Highland Security Operations Centre (HSOC) has proven highly successful since its formation in 2014 and serves a range of government and commercial clients headquartered in the UK and Continental Europe.
The focus of your role
The role of Security analyst involves supporting multiple clients within the SOC, providing first contact for incoming alerts, incidents and requests. Working to defined processes you will be expected to conduct incident triage, document all actions and implement relevant remediation steps.
The role is full time based on a 37.5 hour week. Dependent on exact position the successful applicant will be required to work either:
A shift pattern that spans 08:00 to 18:00 Mondays to Fridays.
24 x 7 shift pattern with 12 hour shifts covering day shift 07:00 to 19:00 and night shift 19:00 to 07:00 Monday through to Sunday.
As part of the Mutualised HSOC team HMG security vetting clearance at SC level is required. Successful applicants not already in possession of SC will need achieve this during their probation period; HSOC staff will assist and advise.
What you’ll do
- Provide first contact for all incoming alerts, calls and tickets
- Adhere to client SOPs in given services to assess and triage security incidents and alerts
- Liaise with delivery teams, third parties and client teams where relevant
- Monitor various security technologies and implement security measures or escalations as necessary
- Prepare reports using various sources of data
- Perform risk assessments and data tests to safeguard client networks
- Review and promote improvement across the service
- Update your knowledge by participating in training opportunities and research latest information security trends
What you’ll bring
- Experience and skill in analysis of security alerts, events, vulnerabilities and security incidents. Alternatively demonstrate a good understanding of the principles around these topics and how they can be managed.
- At least some understanding of TCP/IP and network topologies as well as DNS and Mail Flow topology
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to spot and asses security risk wherever it may exist
- Experience with service management tools such as ITSM or Service Now
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience or an understanding of the principles behind at least some of the following areas:
- Threat Intelligence monitoring and escalation
- Vulnerability Management
- Interpretation of logs (e.g. OS and Network)
- Intrusion Detection/Protection (IDPS) Systems
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) platforms
- End Point/Antivirus Security
A good knowledge of the German language is a requirement for at least two of the three positions available.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.