An overview of the role
Working within Capgemini’s Highland based UK Security Operations Team forming part of the Company’s Global Cybersecurity Unit, you will be working to protect our clients IT, industrial systems and the ever-growing number of products and systems enabled by cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT).
With incidents of cyber-crime frequently in the news, Capgemini’s clients are increasingly conscious of the need to protect their systems and data.
The Highland Security Operations Centre has proven highly successful since its formation in 2014 and serves a range of government and commercial clients headquartered in the UK and Continental Europe. In this role you will have the chance to develop a career which in the future could see you working in areas such as Protective Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics and Identity & Access Management.
The HSOC is spread across two sites, Inverness and Nairn, however whilst some opportunity to work from the Nairn office does exist, all training will be done in Inverness.
Why this role?
The role of Security analyst involves supporting multiple clients within the Security Operations Centre. You will be providing first contact for incoming alerts, incidents and requests. Working to defined processes you will be expected to help conduct incident triage, document all actions and implement relevant remediation steps.
Specific duties will include but not be limited to:
• Provide first contact for all incoming alerts, calls and tickets
• Adhere to client SOPs in given services to assess and triage security incidents and alerts
• Monitor various security technologies and implement security measures or escalations as necessary
• Prepare reports using various sources of data
• Review and promote improvement across the service
• Update your knowledge by participating in training opportunities and research latest information security trends
The role is full time based on a 37.5 hour week. Dependant on exact position the successful applicant will be required to work either:
• A shift pattern that spans 08:00 to 18:00 Mondays to Fridays.
• 24 x 7 shift pattern with 12 hour shifts covering day shift 07:00 to 19:00 and night shift 19:00 to 07:00 Monday through to Sunday.
The right mind-set, attitude and a desire to succeed are the main qualities we are looking for. Some relevant technical experience is useful, but not essential as training will be provided where needed.
You will have an analytical mind with skills essential for security investigation and management work including:
• The ability to spot and asses security risk wherever it may exist
• An enquiring mind that does not necessarily accept things at face value
• Excellent decision making skills
• Excellent decision making skills
• The ability analyse a situation and identify the best course of action
• A basic understanding of security threats and compromise methods would be useful as would some basic understanding of server, client and network technologies
• The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• SC Cleared or eligible (if not already cleared this requirement will be included in probation requirements).
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.