An overview of the role
Capgemini provides security services to a UK headquartered global company; this position is to provide forensic support to that customer. The primary focus of the Security Forensics Lead is to support the client with all IT forensic needs including assisting with the management of legal hold cases.
Based at a client site in Derby, working with a large Security Team that is dedicated to ensuring the safety of the client estate. Your role will be to complete investigations and provide evidence of your finding to the Security team.
Why this role?
Being the single point of contact for all forensic enquiries your responsibilities will include:
• Acquisition of Forensic Data images (including process administration).
• Data retrieval.
• Presentation of information to required evidential standards.
• Supporting documentation and controlled disclosure.
• Manage and maintain the Forensic Lab.
• Supply Forensic reports as required by the Customer.
As the Forensic Lead, you will have Strong analytical problem solving skills, as well as a high level of integrity and ethical standards and a keen attention for detail in both numeracy and literacy. You will need to have a Methodical approach to your work, have confidence in dealing with senior managers and in the provision and presentation of complex and sensitive management information.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in a service improvement environment, have worked in the delivery of customer services to SLA’s and meet the below requirements:
• EnCase Certified Examiner (mandatory)
• Practical experience with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, Cellebrite, other open source tools.
• Experience in analysis of Malware and APT’s.
• Data capture techniques i.e. Linen, Guymager, EnCase Endpoint Investigator etc.
• Experience of forensically analysing mobile device.
• Programming or Scripting in Unix/Python/PowerShell.
• Understanding of OSI Model and IP Networking.
• Understanding of RIPA/ACPO/PACE guidelines/regulations.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.