Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Actionable insights and AI are key to thriving in the digital era. Organizations see data as their most powerful asset to create superior customer experiences, perfectly optimized operations and new, disruptive business propositions. We work with our clients to create and deliver capabilities and solutions that drive impact with data, covering data engineering and information governance, next to data science, business analysis and much more. Through insights, algorithms and ‘AI everywhere’ we equip them with everything they need to differentiate with data.
To work as part of the Insights and Data (I&D) Delivery Management practice which specialize in data and information led projects and programmes. Your role will be to ‘Scrum’ manage projects for clients that are contracted on a fixed price or a time & materials basis. Clients will be in any sector and projects managed can be of different degrees of complexity or size. Typically technologies will be around BI and Analytics based products/services and will cover a broad spectrum of the major technologies. Project management methodologies used will be structured or agile and experience of Scrum managing projects using either type of methodology is expected.
As part of the role, you will be required to:
- Guide the teams and organisations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organisations and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organisations.
- Note blockages and divergence and support and guide the team and PO to solve these impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and information flow.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project’s key stakeholder
- Coaching the team to higher levels of agile and scrum maturity, and helping them define their ways of working
- Facilitating reviews, retrospectives, scrum meetings and planning meetings
- Building great relationships with the product owner and other stakeholders
- Fostering a culture of collaboration with other scrum masters, and building a network with other agile champions across the organisation
- Agile delivery experience of BI, MDM, Big-Data, Cloud or enterprise content management projects is essential
- Experience in delivery of multi-disciplinary projects preferable (BI Front-end, ETL, Java, architecture build, change management)
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role within a software development team that has been applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Experience on Agile project management tools such as TFS or the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence
- Understanding and experience of widely accepted successful Agile techniques.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (I.e.: various Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Effective communicator with the ability to connect and engage across multiple teams, business units and organisations at manifold levels.
- Mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of business requirements prioritisation techniques i.e. MoSCoW prioritisation
- Ability to lead a team of resources across multiple sites, whilst building solid business relationships
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be capable of focusing and maintaining project direction and be able to lead and motivate a team of specialist technical and/or business resources, as well as management of stakeholders
- Experience of managing projects with business and technology deliverables and / or changes involving external third-party providers
- Experience of liaison with suppliers in terms of plan deliverables and problem resolution
- Managing projects with a number of moving parts together with good organisational skills and multi-tasking is a must as is the ability to make rigorous decisions at pace
- A flexible and proven ability to successfully deliver agreed planning outcomes within a project & agile development environment
- Role relevant qualifications: desirable i.e. Scrum certifications, LEAN/Kanban, IC Agile or similar, SAFE 4.0 / 4.5 Qualification.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.