Capgemini Belgium is looking for a Scrum Master. In the Scrum Team, the Scrum Master is the guardian of the process. He/she makes sure that the whole organization of the client understands and act accordingly to the Agile process, that the Product Owner has the mandate to obtain the right product and that the Development Team is enabled to work in a productive, sustainable way. The Scrum Master is also looking to it that the Scrum Team is continuously improving themselves through regular inspection and adaption activities.
The Scrum Master provides different levels of coaching to successfully achieve this. Rather than the team’s decision maker, the Scrum Master has an advisory, facilitating role, but he/she makes sure that the team lives up to the decisions that are taken, and that there is a disciplined application of them. With his/her experience and agile mindset, the Scrum Master answers questions, helps to tackle specific situations when they are occurring, and gives insights in the consequences of team decisions.
The Scrum Master also makes sure that impediments and issues are treated. The self-organizing team should not leave the issues as they are, but try to resolve them or mandate the Scrum Master to tackle them with external parties, including clients management. As such, the Scrum Master is the representative of the Scrum Team.
- Make sure that the clients organization understands and act accordingly to the Agile process,
- Make sure that the Product Owner is mandated to obtain the right product,
- Make sure the Development Team is enabled to work in a productive, sustainable way,
- Provide different levels of coaching,
- Help to tackle specific situations when they are occurring,
- Give insights in the consequences of team decisions,
- Make sure that impediments and issues are treated,
- Work with your Scrum Team to get the best results,
- Measure your success through the results that your Scrum Team achieves,
- Get involved – if needed – in analysis, testing, development or other activities of your Scrum Team.
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent through relevant experience
- Several years of experience in software development and affinity for coaching people in Scrum
- Profound knowledge of Scrum
- At least 1 certifications in Scrum/Agile
- Eagerness to share experiences and evangelize while keeping a pragmatic approach
- Capable of judging if a circumstance requires a hardline or a flexible approach
- Background in software development: makes it possible to take more than one role. Scrum Masters often get involved in analysis, testing, development or other activities of the team.
- Team player
- Not afraid to tackle issues with management
- Strong in communication and leading skills
- Personal urge for improvement and change.
- Expectation manager
- Stress resistant
- Active listener and comprehensive
- Customer orientated
- Qualitative result driven
- Empathic, with a natural interest in people and what makes them tick
- Able to keep the overall view and to dig easily into details when needed
Languages and mobility
- Permanent residency in Belgium
- English : at least Independent user
- Dutch and French : with at least one of both on a mother tongue or bilingual level (Proficient user)
- Geographic mobility – you are open to discuss assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
Capgemini is committed to helping you achieve your potential and offer a competitive remuneration package. Together, we’ll determine the career path that will take you as far as you want to go. At Capgemini, you have the opportunity to benefit from merit-based promotion, build your network, grow your knowledge and participate in and contribute to a global team that acts with passion, commitment and integrity. There are different kinds of opportunities available to you in our Outsourcing, Technology or Consulting discipline and the major industries we serve.
Play a role in the team. Use your insight and intellect to influence and lead. Capgemini offers you the freedom to be outstanding.Apply now