As a Scrum Master within FSSBU you will be required to work with a range of clients, within the financial services sector, to guide their delivery teams and projects in adopting Agile and Scrum practices, values and mind set, and to support the team on becoming self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework.
You will also be responsible for supporting and educating the Product Owner, with respect to refining and maintaining the product backlog, and the delivery team in its embracing of Scrum events and deliverables by building a trusting and safe environment within which the team can work.
To support delivery you will be required to facilitate Scrum events, assist in improving communication and transparency, removing impediments and holding a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation, and all done by using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
Responsibilities of a typical role with us would include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting effective delivery of valuable increments using the Scrum framework
- Encouraging collaboration between the delivery team and Product Owner
- Establishing and implementing effective communication to the variety of stakeholders, client, delivery team and 3rd parties
- Assertive to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to and able to be a voice of reason and authority by making the tough calls
- Removing obstacles or impediments that affect the development team
- Shielding the development team from interruptions during the sprint
- Alignment of sprint deliverables to a managed and prioritised backlog
- Providing proactive mitigation / containment of risks and associated impacts
- Managing and maximising client stakeholder relationships
- Facilitating sprint planning sessions, daily standup, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Encouraging the whole delivery team to take ownership of quality assurance and quality control aspects related to the programme/project
- Develop and coach a high-performing, motivated delivery team
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the project/programme team
- Be an example of continual improvement, continually growing ones craft, learning new skills, tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Have an attitude of empowerment to lead a team to self-organisation
- Have an attitude of transparency to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Lead using a Servant-Leader management style
- Coordinate and oversee implementation of the project or programme
The successful candidate should have run at least 3 successful Agile projects using a Scrum iterative development framework and/or Kanban to provide early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
The successful candidate should also have experience/understanding of multiple of the following:
- Basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Other processes and methodologies and ability to speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/programme/project
- Basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Common Agile and Agile@Scale practices, service-oriented environments, DevOps, and better development practices
Experience in any of the following areas within financial services is also required:
- Capital Markets
- Cards & Payments
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Risk Management
- Regulation & Compliance
One of the top 5 IT services and consulting companies worldwide, Capgemini was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Operating in 44 countries, we are, above all, a people company, with more than 180,000 people across the globe. The Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.539 billion.
At Capgemini Financial Services, we are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.