Who you’ll be working with
Our Custom Development delivery unit specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale.
We build world class digital experiences, using modern delivery methods, leveraging robust, flexible platforms.
Our projects can span from gathering user insight to designing compelling experiences and delivering them through a variety of touch points (Mobile | Tablet | Web) underpinned by enterprise integration at scale.
Our capabilities cover a wide variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies with a strong focus on Java and Microsoft.
We are seeking experienced Scrum Masters, with an aspiration to move into Project Management, to work on some of the most innovative enterprise Digital projects in the UK.
The focus of your role
Providing consultancy, scrum master and engagement management expertise to external clients, our staff can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and on projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single small team assignments to multi-site, multi-discipline projects. Projects may contain a blend of Capgemini, client and contract staff and include a range of different stakeholders.
What you’ll do
• Motivating our teams to deliver meaningful outcomes that meet our clients needs using Agile techniques
• Guiding the team and the client organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to exceed the expectations of our customers;
• Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology;
• Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings;
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog;
• Project Management; definition, scoping and planning;
• Managing the delivery of projects across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters;
What you’ll bring
• • A recognised Scrum Master certification;
• A passion for Agile ways of working with teams and with your clients
• A track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study;
• Experience in providing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team;
• Excellent skills and knowledge of collaborative leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency;
• Knowledge of the patterns and techniques used in an Agile project e.g. burndown metrics, backlog tracking, velocity, task definition, retrospectives and defect management;
• Demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or Digital Development/Experience Design projects/implementation and integration projects, from inception through to delivery;
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.