Location: UK Wide
Need to be willing to travel to client site
An overview of the role
Our Application Development delivery unit specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale.
We build world class digital experiences and applications, using modern delivery methods, leveraging robust, flexible platforms.
Our projects can span from gathering user insight to designing compelling experiences and delivering them through a variety of touch points (mobile | tablet | web) underpinned by enterprise integration at scale, with capabilities spanning the digital, Cloud and traditional client landscapes. We are seeking experienced Scrum Masters, with capability and aspiration to move into either project management or agile coach roles, to work on some of the most innovative enterprise digital projects in the UK.
Why this role?
Providing scrum master expertise and consultancy experience to external clients, our scrum masters can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and on projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single small team assignments to multi-site, multi-country, multi-discipline projects. Projects may contain a blend of Capgemini, client and contract staff and include a range of different stakeholders.
What you’ll do?
- Coaching the team and the client organisation to use agile practices and values to exceed the expectations of our customers
- Facilitating agile process and ceremonies
- Managing impediments and eliminating waste so teams work efficiently and effectively as possible to meet goals
- Mentoring the team to grow and share agile knowledge
- Motivating our teams to deliver meaningful outcomes that meet our clients’ needs; whilst balancing this with realistic commitments, health of the product backlog and team wellbeing
- Supporting and coaching the Product Owner, especially on refining and maintaining the product backlog
- Changing and refining the culture so agile delivery can flourish
- Supporting project managers to deliver the project across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters.
- Understand our customers’ business needs and support Project Management in their delivery, and in identifying further opportunities.
- Be part of a Capgemini project management and wider community to contribute to winning new work, shape contracts, resource projects and mentor our talent pool
What you’ll bring
- A passion for and demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or digital development, experience design projects, implementation and integration projects – from inception through to delivery
- A recognised agile certification
- A passion for agile ways of working with teams and with your clients
- A track record of continued and recent education in agile frameworks, including training, conferences, user groups, and self-study
- At least two years’, hands-on, experience in a scrum master and/or agile coaching role for a software development team; preferably in large multi-team projects using distributed delivery
- Hands-on experience when using agile delivery of requirements analysis, UX design, technical design, software engineering, testing and continuous deployment
- Experience of estimation for agile, sizing and tracking projects delivered using an agile methodology
- Excellent skills and knowledge of collaborative leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of the patterns and techniques used in an Agile project e.g. burndown metrics, backlog tracking, velocity, task definition, retrospectives and defect management
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm