With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Job Title: Scrum Master
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and facilitates Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Identifies and removes impediments or obstacles that prevent the team from reaching goals.
- Ensures that development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and progress visibility.
- Ensures the user stories are complete and appropriately mapped to epics to enable automated generation of release documentation and test case creation. May assist the Product Owner with user story writing.
- Helps analyze team metrics and identify improvements to the team’s development practices and use of Agile tools.
- Initiates and facilitates release planning with the Product Owner and development team leaders.
- Conducts limited releases with select product owner and facilities to enable direct end user feedback on new features in advance of full release of new software.
- Champions continuous improvements in processes and development techniques applied by the development team.
- Serves as a critical liaison between Product Owners, developers, device engineers, device quality assurance, software quality assurance, DevOps, management and other stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, computer science or business degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-year experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach required. Scrum and PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Expert level knowledge of Agile development processes required.
- Strong understanding of iterative software development, backlog refinement, user story writing, burn down/burn up metrics, velocity, and task definition required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and run effective meetings required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills when interacting internal/external customers required.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Experience in a DevOps environment with test automation preferred.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law