The Digital Transformation Centre (DTC) delivers application and platform services based on Java and open source software. It specialises in the transformation of legacy solutions to modern cloud-native architectures.
The DC delivers solutions using DevOps principles and modern agile ways of working using a range of technologies including Java and its open source ecosystem, microservices, infrastructure-as-code, NoSQL databases, containerisation, JEE, Oracle database, cloud (AWS/Azure) and on-premise HMRC platforms (CHS/FJS/FAST).
This team is providing an overarching site for all aspects of the Delivery centre (DC). Individual channels setup and centrally managed by leadership team and PMO. All DTC staff are encouraged to make MS teams the first ‘go-to’ source information.
You will be working in an Agile Scrum team on the development of software of one or more release based projects. You will be involved in projects that are varied and challenging and require a sound software and system testing skills.
Why this role?
You will have the responsibility for ensuring the teams in the Digital Transformation Centre follow consistent agile practices as they develop complex digital solutions. As a Leader and Coach you will be responsible for mentoring the Scrum Masters to ensure best practices are implemented and are being followed and escalating centre-wide and strategic blockers to progress. You will also have responsibility to lead a scrum team within the centre.
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices with a focus on self-organised teams.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Manage various stakeholder’s expectations.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their
individual, family and work-life needs.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm