Telford, Worthing, Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh, London Holborn, Southend
An overview of the role
This role is a unique chance to work with motivated and collaborative teams on many different projects including the UK Government services that affect all individuals and organisations across the UK.
As a Scrum Master you will gain the opportunity to lead teams through the continuous improvements of their products and collaboratively, with wider communities, coach and mentor the organisation towards greater agility.
You will work with delivery teams and the organisation to ensure that Agile techniques are adhered to, acting as a mentor and coach on latest practices to ensure that that everyone maximises the benefits that the Agile development methodology provides.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
As a Scrum Master you will work with a highly motivated, collaborative team putting the user at the centre of the process as you build services for a number of clients including one of the biggest departments in the UK Government.
- Ensure Agile techniques are adhered to by the Scrum team and organisation, acting as a mentor and coach on best practices to ensure that everyone maximises the benefits that the Agile development methodology provides.
- Enable teams to create and run outstanding large-scale services using the appropriate agile framework; learning and iterating frequently, and capturing metrics.
- Remove impediments/blockers to the Scrum team in order for continuous smooth development.
- Work with the Service/Product Manager to define the roadmap for your service, and work with the Scrum team and other areas of the business to translate this into actionable user stories and sprint-by-sprint plans.
- Facilitate the sprint planning process for each sprint, helping Scrum team members to prioritise and self-manage around the work that needs to be completed against their capabilities and capacity.
- Facilitate standard sprint ceremonies for the team such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectives. Mentoring and coaching members to ensure all are focused on a common goal and working with an Agile mind-set.
As a Scrum Master you will primarily be focused on people. Providing leadership, coaching and mentorship to teams and individuals from across the organisation at many different levels.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about helping individuals, teams and the organisation grow.
- Values open communication and the role of true leadership.
- Has excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
- Has a desire to action change and empower individuals within a team setting.
- Understand the value in building diverse and inclusive teams that are self-managed.
- Truly understand the Agile Manifesto including the Agile Values and Principles.
- Has an excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement).
- Can facilitate discussions that produce meaningful outputs and bring value to the teams.
- Has a familiarity with a multitude of software development techniques and approaches.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Find out more about joining Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm