We have roles available in the UK across a number of locations including Telford, Southend, Worthing, Holborn, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle. Capgemini supports flexible and home working, but we are looking for people who are able to travel to client sites, are flexible in terms of assignment location and are prepared to stay away from home if required.
An overview of the role
We require solution architects who have the experience & ability to operate across multiple technology and business domains. You should thrive on variety and enjoy working across the full lifecycle of a project. Our solution architects generally operate as technical leads within a project or programme team from the onset of solution design and development through to final delivery and implementation into Live Service. As part of the overall end to end delivery, our solution architects often support the development of commercial proposals and additionally will own the technical solution governance at all stages.
As a solution architect, you will have responsibility for the ownership of the solution design through the delivery phases, be responsible for working through the technical challenges and decisions in partnership with the project and engagement management communities to safely deliver the solution into Live operation.
We expect our solution architects to have experience of a wide range of technologies including public and private cloud business solutions, best practices and general ways of working. This experience is essential to influence and advise of the most appropriate solution options and to be highly credible with both our clients and senior internal stakeholders.
Here are some of the key activities of the role:
• Design, architecture design and implementation of complex end-to-end SAS 9.4 -> SAS Viya solutions.
• Advising our clients, in terms of architecture/infrastructure, platform and engineering best practices using SAS 9.4 and Viya solutions.
• Challenge the status quo, and provide an alternative point of view as and when required.
• Take ownership of the client requirements, deliverables and accountabilities to ensure adherence to Architecture Governance processes, industry best practices and to maintain consistency with clients’ Architecture vision
• Drive the solution development and documentation of solution designs ensuring good architectural practices are observed through the lifecycle of the solution development
• Provide oversight of architectural direction for and on behalf of our clients
• Working with agile development teams and delivery architects through all phases of the solution lifecycle
• Take ownership of the solutions and be the face off to our internal and external senior stakeholders
• Develop excellent working relationships with our clients to become their trusted advisors through boldness and honesty
• Relationship management of the technical relationships with vendors, third parties and the wider Capgemini
• Ensure solution delivery is performed according to agreed specification
• Own technical problem management and resolution relevant to the solution development
Why this role?
As a Capgemini Architect you will be assigned to the Capgemini HMRC Market Unit working across a number of major Public Sector clients. The team has varied and broad skills and strengths spanning Business and Enterprise Architecture in early lifecycle engagements through to delivery. We have Solution Architects with deep technical backgrounds in cloud technologies, software architecture & design, micro-services, platform deployment and application migration. These technology skills are combined with customer facing skills and experience, commercial acumen and a proven delivery track record.
• Understanding of how SAS works, SAS services, configuration, batch orchestration, SAS in cloud deployments, etc.
• Demonstrable expertise in the areas of information management and BI architectures as well as in the use of multiple SAS products (ideally by a certification).
• Experience in the SAS programming and implementation of business intelligence and analytic projects.
• Experience of client-facing roles
• Able to set direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
• Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular for problem solving/troubleshooting activities
• Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
• Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients’ longer-term strategy
• Team working – able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
• Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
• Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area, can apply it effectively and is able to apply logic across the board
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to integrate 3rd party products into complex IT estates, manage interdependencies between products and lead end to end delivery in potentially multi-supplier engagements
• Adds personal value: A drive to deliver results and exceed client expectations.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.