Capgemini – globally
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of more than 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
The HMRC market unit (MU)
Governments are striving to increase tax revenues and improve welfare provision to citizens. This means finding new ways to improve the end-to-end experience for citizens and businesses, stop benefit and tax fraud, and use new technologies to be more productive in the delivery of today’s digital citizen journey.
HMRC have been a major client of Capgemini UK since 2004. Currently comprising more than 2800 team members Capgemini provide a wide range of IT services to this government agency. HMRC’s IT infrastructure is large and complex. Capgemini’s provide a full range of consulting and IT services in transformation and support of HMRC’s IT infrastructure and systems.
The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery centre of Capgemini’s HMRC market unit. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of HMRC’s business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on avoidance and evasion, improve and transform tax systems. You’ll work primarily with product owner, scrum master, solutions architects, software architects and fellow software engineers, though there will be client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
The focus of your role
The design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions within the HMRC MU
• Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
• You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and live support.
• You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
What you’ll bring
• Experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale and complex ‘big data’ and data analytics solutions.
• Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle
• Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
• Personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
• Excellent communications skills
• Technical expertise in several of our key technologies: SAS Analytics, Base, SAS DM Studio, SAS Decision manager, SAS DI server, SAS DI Studio, SAS Enterprise guide, SAS Fraud framework, SAS Information maps, SAS Model manager, SAS Platform administration, SAS Programming, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Investigator, SAS Visual text analytics, SAS Visual mining and machine learning. SAS Viya, SAS Web reporting and dashboard
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to the Returner's programme
Applicants must be BPSS cleared or willing to undergo BPSS clearance