Telford or London
An overview of the role
The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery centre of Capgemini’s Public Sector business. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of our client’s business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on fraud, and respond to current Covid challenges.
This role is a unique chance to design, develop, test and support data and analytics software solutions, delivering key critical systems to the public sector.
You will be part of an Agile software delivery team working closely with software architects and supported by product managers, scrum masters and solutions architects. With additional client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
Why this role?
Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
You will work on the full range of software engineering principles; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members.
- Experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale data analytics solutions.
- Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle
- Awareness of devops culture and modern engineering practices
- Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
- Proactive in nature, personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Excellent communications skills including stakeholder management
- Design solutions with understanding of the architecture and NFRs
- Providing technical leadership and governance
- Build engineering capability within your team and wider Data and Analytics
- Responsible for impacts being produced by your team
- Build high performing engineering led teams
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables your team are producing, and continually look for ways to improve it
- Production experience in leading the development of building robust and dynamic SAS fraud solutions.
- Working in collaboration with data management team(s), supporting in the development of the underlying data structure(s).
- Technical expertise in several of our key technologies: SAS Visual Investigator, SAS Scenario Manager, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Studio, SAS Programming, CAS Programming, SAS Intelligence Decisioning, SAS Decision Manager, Case Workflow, RTENG, SAS Stored Process Development and SAS Data Explorer.
- Experience of working on SAS 9 and Viya environments, hosted specifically on Lunix/Unix Operations Systems.
- Experience of working with a variety of databases, including Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata etc.
- Awareness of Cloud environments, AWS, Azure or Google.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you.
Visit: https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm